Im not opposed to these jerseys

I’m opposed. Get that shhh….stuff outta here.

If we're honest it's a bad color for a football team--but nobody wants to say anything that might challenge the Pat Summitt hagiography.
I respect PS as much as any Vol, but there are people in the athletic department and especially the older female blue hairs who just refuse to acknowledge that the great coach is gone and not coming back. It's why we're the only university in America, as far as I know, that still identifies
its female sports teams as "ladies." Hoop skirts, anyone? Oklahoma State still calls its female teams "cowgiris"--which is even worse and rather funny in 2023--but other than us and OSU I think everybody just identifies ALL their athletes (men and women) by the school nickname, which would seem appropriate given that the women have been rightfully pushing to be treated equally for decades.

And we should really retire the LV logo--which is absolutely ancient and not a strong design at all. I believe we're the only school that still maintains a separate logo for its women's teams--why, I don't know. It's 2023. If you've ever seen a lineup of university logos--say, Michigan, Alabama, OSU, Stanford--any university, really, as they all have logos like our Power T--and the LV logo, all the others are immediately recognizable but the LV logo is not because it's busy and swirtly and has cursive writing and the baby blue and looks like a logo from the 1970s. Hanging onto the PS past is a major reason why our women's basketball team--once the premier program in the land--hasn't been a national contender for nearly 20 years.

And now back to football!

No one with any credibility would think that
Not my fault you're too oblivious to what those schools have worn for years. And if you agree that these blue concepts are "trying to be UNC" which is what that comment was in response to, I can't help you if you can't figure out the comparison.

I liked the blue accessories for one game last year to honor pat and I honestly like these. Wouldn’t mind seeing these once this year for a cupcake game. I know I’ll get blasted by traditionalist but these don’t look bad imo
What’s next? Pink pants? Hard no

Not my fault you're too oblivious to what those schools have worn for years. And if you agree that these blue concepts are "trying to be UNC" which is what that comment was in response to, I can't help you if you can't figure out the comparison.
My bad. I wasn't clear with my point. I hate them. Nevertheless, we don't copy anyone

I liked the blue accessories for one game last year to honor pat and I honestly like these. Wouldn’t mind seeing these once this year for a cupcake game. I know I’ll get blasted by traditionalist but these don’t look bad imo
Look like you’re trying to copy gators. I am not opposed to winning football games and Roget all the silly uniform chnges. Go Vols. Win with what you got on.

These are VASTLY superior to the orange shouldered catastrophe referred to as the "Holloway era" jersey. Those are god-awful. These aren't.

Blue is one of the colors for the Lady Vols…it is in the logo. But not for the men’s teams. For that reason, my preference is to let the LVs wear it, but not the men.

But it’s a small issue that really is of no consequence one way or the other.

Reactions: Volsfan1313
I would rather army green unis with orange.

People forget that the blue accent was first popularized by men’s basketball teams in the early to mid 1970s. The Lady Vols shanghaied it and adopted it as a primary color.

Reactions: Volsfan1313

VN Store

Back