i'm lookin' for some grass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mom went to a garage sell, and stumbled upon all of this great Tennessee stuff. she bought it from the lady, and was waiting for her friend to stop yapping to the owner. Around this time, the husband comes outside, almost in shock when he see's all of his Tennessee stuff. He was yelling in disbelief, asking if the wife sold it, and how much for. she replied $10 for everything. What did she have? She had 2 UT birdhouses, 4 collecters edition christmas bulbs (97 and 98 championship years, sec and nc) and a framed piece of turf, orange and white checker endzone. My mom gave him that back after he explained he bout it for $500. O well, we got the other stuff :(

I was at that game....couple rows off the field. Lotsa' people, including me, jumped the fence and got onto the field and tried to grab a piece of turf......it was stuck really good.....then security ran us off.....but, I was on the field.....once!!!! Come to think of it...I might've had some of the "bud" that day!!! what was I thinkin'

my dad somehow got one of the checkerboard endzone pieces that is 12 by 12 inches. he has recently given it to me and now it hangs in my room...along with my orange and white checkerboard walls

i have a 32"x18" piece painted to resemble the field. orange and white checkerboard endzones and the old ut in the middle of the field
that really makes me want to find a chunk for myself

Classic Bocifus (sp) Blamie.....:)

Yeahhhhhh...the hangovers hurt more than the used to...

And cornbread and iced tea have took the place of pills and 80 proof...

And it seems like none of us do things quite like we used to do...

And nobody wants to get drunk and get loud....

And all my rowdy friends have settled down :)

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that when they sold the turf the huge UT logo in the middle of the field was sold as one piece.:question:

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that when they sold the turf the huge UT logo in the middle of the field was sold as one piece.:question:

If I remember correctly, it was the intercrossed "UT" logo at midfield at the time. That would one big piece of astroturf memorabilia.

id like to get a few buds, friends that is and split an endzone square. no way would i shell 500 clams for a piece. i would be fine with just a big enough piece to make a coaster:p

If I remember correctly, it was the intercrossed "UT" logo at midfield at the time. That would one big piece of astroturf memorabilia.

I'm probably way off but it seems like I remember hearing it either went for or they were asking $15,000.

im pretty curious as to who it went to or where it currently is. maybe some rich Bammer bought it and lets his dogs and wife sleep and urinate on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back