I'm Just Saying...

TNVols58

Mike Hamilton will really have no choice but to have the baseball program go in a different direction after this year if the team doesn't win more than say 5 SEC games this year (we're now 1-8 in the conference). With renovations being complete next year at Lindsay Nelson, he'll need to have a little excitement for the program. I know it's not Raleigh's fault that we have back to back hitters strike out with the bases loaded in the 9th inning as happened today, but no one, other than say a few other people and myself, even bother to care about the program or go to the games anymore. Apathy has really set in this year.

I hate being so negative, as I'd much rather have our team in the hunt in the SEC this year obviously, but I really can't take getting DOMINATED in the SEC any longer.

I don't look for Hamilton to make a change. This is his guy and he'll give him a 3rd year. He's not going to admit that HIS hire was a wrong one. :twocents:

If Raleigh fails, I think Hamilton should drop the small school coach crap (Pearl, Raleigh) and go get someone that has seen big time college baseball under the wings of a succesful head coach. Like I said in another thread go get an Asst. from a big time school.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Hamilton make a move. As we all know, Hamilton is a business man with an A.D. title. If he's losing money, he'll make a move.

Season tickets next year will require a capital donation of $1000/seat or $500/seat/year. They'll be lucky to have 5 season ticket holders next year with the state of the economy along with how bad our program is now.

I think if this keeps up, which probably will happen, I think Hamilton will pretty much have to fire Raliegh. It's already proven to be a horrible hire.

not a huge baseball fan and do not know alot about the situation but it is my understanding that this is a very young team.

I don't look for Hamilton to make a change. This is his guy and he'll give him a 3rd year. He's not going to admit that HIS hire was a wrong one. :twocents:

and Raleigh did not have much to work with when he got here other than new facilities being built.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Hamilton make a move. As we all know, Hamilton is a business man with an A.D. title. If he's losing money, he'll make a move.

Your forgetting something every person has in Hamiltons position......Ego and Pride. Again, firing HIS guy will not happen after just two years. His pride and ego will give him a 3rd year. Baseball is not in a "big spotlight" compared to football and basketball. He has some rope to hang himself if need be.

But after his third year and UT is losing money then I agree with you that he will make a change.

VN Store

Back