Im gonna vent

hatingbamaisawayoflife

Very upset about yesterday and the lack of caring. Even though I told my son and his friends thats what was going to happen. We live in Hoover so no travel expenses and all but we dont get to see the baseball team play often.
Spend money for a Cabana and food and all and get that effort.. ugh.
My 11 year old was in bad mood all night.. we dont go to games due to the 5 hour about drive but we watch every one possible on the secn + and espn + and he was like dad they dont care
very irritating
on to today

I didn't go to the game like you, but I agree. It seemed we didn't even try to win. That means we could be one and done today. I could be wrong but losing doesn't seem to set us up for the next weekend. But, hey, what do I know?

Reactions: volpass
I have to wonder, it seems about half on this board don't care if we win any games in this tournament. After yesterday I wonder what percentage of those people are now actually POed about last nights game. Me, even if nothing is one the line I want to win. It's just a better feeling after the game.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and Bigun
I didn't go to the game like you, but I agree. It seemed we didn't even try to win. That means we could be one and done today. I could be wrong but losing doesn't seem to set us up for the next weekend. But, hey, what do I know?

It was a wednesday game, we threw midweek guys (minus snead who got his first start and we might need to start him in the future)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Really hoping they win today so we can go to a game or two. I have 6 tickets to use, so it will suck if we end up having to sell/give them away.

Unfortunately it will be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday before we can make it

I hear you @hatingbamaisawayoflife . I also live in Hoover and look forward to seeing a couple games. But I have learned to buy the cheap seats (Dr Pepper 6 pack) and sit in GA because of the lackadaisical style of SEC tournament play from the past, although 22 was pretty epic.

The top 4 seeds normally hold off on their regular rotation guys until Thursday or Friday. If they win the first game with their midweek guy, then they are set up for rest of weekend to be okay.

This year had the added complexity of so many teams at or near 13 wins trying to get into NCAA so they were throwing their weekend rotation starting on Tuesday on 4 days rest.

If the top 4 go out early, these teams are going to be throwing some REALLY bad pitching on Saturday and Sunday as they now have to worry about saving their arms for next weekend.

While I get the whole "big picture" approach, I'm still a little puzzled by it being Snead. Also, not convinced that the team didn't have their hearts in it Snead in particular was visibly upset by his performance.

Very upset about yesterday and the lack of caring. Even though I told my son and his friends thats what was going to happen. We live in Hoover so no travel expenses and all but we dont get to see the baseball team play often.
Spend money for a Cabana and food and all and get that effort.. ugh.
My 11 year old was in bad mood all night.. we dont go to games due to the 5 hour about drive but we watch every one possible on the secn + and espn + and he was like dad they dont care
very irritating
on to today
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

I definitely see why some would be disappointed in the game yesterday IF you spent a lot of money etc going to the game BUT one must realize this tournament is not a major goal for TV and the Vols. Not sure I’ve seen a Vol baseball game that was used to work through pitching staff/lack of playing time etc more than that game. I think most knowledgeable baseball guys knew this would be the case. I was hoping our offense could carry us anyway though 🤷‍♂️. I’m not in the least upset about it but still hoping we can win today but if not…let’s get to Omaha. After all…that is the goal! JMO

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I have to wonder, it seems about half on this board don't care if we win any games in this tournament. After yesterday I wonder what percentage of those people are now actually POed about last nights game. Me, even if nothing is one the line I want to win. It's just a better feeling after the game.
I’m kinda middle of the road about it. I always want the Vols to win, but I understand TV not pulling out all the stops to get it done in this situation. They won’t play like this in the regionals, you can bank on that. I do feel for the fans that are attending the games though and losing in that fashion to friking Vandy nonetheless does suck.

The top 4 seeds treated this like an MLB spring game. They used it to sharpen some of their players, but it didn’t mean anything as far as the ncaa tournament is concerned. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make some major changes in the future for the SEC tournament. I agree with what Proud Army Wife said: “They won’t play like this in the regionals, you can bank on that.“

While I get the whole "big picture" approach, I'm still a little puzzled by it being Snead. Also, not convinced that the team didn't have their hearts in it Snead in particular was visibly upset by his performance.

cTV said he might need to start at some point in the future and he didn't want that game to be his first start

I’m kinda middle of the road about it. I always want the Vols to win, but I understand TV not pulling out all the stops to get it done in this situation. They won’t play like this in the regionals, you can bank on that. I do feel for the fans that are attending the games though and losing in that fashion to friking Vandy nonetheless does suck.
💯 totally agree. While our pitching was not great yesterday, I’m always concerned about our bats. Bats could stll have hit. We tend to get in mini slumps. I get it, but I always want to win, regardless. And yes, I know it’s baseball, doesn’t always happen, losing one game means nothing, you don’t understand baseball, blah blah blah.

If the team was a top 4, they stuck to their regular pitching rotaion.
If the team came into the tourney with 13 SEC wins, they went on short rest.

So basically, there is a group of teams that needed to win to make the NCAA tournament, so they put it all on the line to beat the top 4. It may backfire later, but they get a win over a top team and hope that is enough.

The top 4 on the other hand stuck with their rotation which normally would be okay - but the SEC has very few weak teams so that got all four of them beat.

This makes some of the scores make a little more sense. I don't like the outcome, but I understand the why.

I would be pretty mad too if I paid money to travel down to Hoover. I'd also keep that in mind for future years. Sitting on my couch, it didn't really bother me at all that we treated the game like we did.
I believe this year’s SEC tournament will set the tone for future tourneys meaning reduced attendance, post-season strategies by the coaches dictating foster revisions, and general lack of willingness to try to win.
I would guess most fans are PO’d after yesterday especially with the top four seeds losing with a general lack of effort.

Fans are not stupid. They’ll think twice about going to witness crap like that again.

Yes, it was a mid-week game, but that’s why all teams played Thurs-Fri-Sat last weekend.

Having a really bad game are difficult to snap back from and goes a long way especially in the post season.

I believe this year’s SEC tournament will set the tone for future tourneys meaning reduced attendance, post-season strategies by the coaches dictating foster revisions, and general lack of willingness to try to win.
I would guess most fans are PO’d after yesterday especially with the top four seeds losing with a general lack of effort.

Fans are not stupid. They’ll think twice about going to witness crap like that again.

Yes, it was a mid-week game, but that’s why all teams played Thurs-Fri-Sat last weekend.

Having a really bad game are difficult to snap back from and goes a long way especially in the post season.
Most fans know things are done this way every year. The top seeds have nothing to play for in Hoover.

Reactions: spyfish007
I’m ok with the pitching strategy , its the lack of focus and effort on offense that’s the most frustrating, bad habits are hard to break trying to hit , I get chasing bad pitches when your down in the count but swinging at a first pitch that’s not close to a strike leading to weak contact or a swing and miss is just not smart , we need to get back to being patient and really working the pitchers the way we were 6 weeks ago

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This.
vandee winning pisses me off more than us losing.

VN Store

Back