I'm Bo Nix For Milo's Tea

As a sweet tea connoisseur, it is the most tolerable pre-packaged tea. That said, it is just barely above drinkable.

But I'd advertise it for some dough too!
I'm not a huge sweet tea guy anymore unless its at a restaurant and they only have Pepsi drinks. .I usually drink a gallon a week of Arizona green tea...then use the empty bottle to make some more from the powder to finish out the week

How do you police this? It's like a great way to funnel money it seems....guess all these guys will have one of those birthday greeting accounts now lol

Why does earning money require "policing", generally nobody "polices" the money I receive in compensation.

No birthday greeting account is needed, just hand them the cash even with video rolling.

somebody else needs to get in the tea market with a bamer player.....fast

images

Peaygolf (Austin Peay St. University).................sponsored by "Grizzly.........American Snuff Company"

Let's do this!

I hope this leads to a splitting of Division 1 in CFB. This will make the disparity between the haves and have nots even greater and it's already out of control. I'd like to see the group of 5 conferences separated from the 5 main conferences and have their own division with a separate NC. This would also reduce or even eliminate the cupcake games each year and make the regular season even more interesting.
My second thought is that this will make recruiting even shadier if that's even possible. We know recruits get money and cars under the table. It's just weird to think that now 5 star recruits will be promised deals from companies as they are recruited. If it's a "recruit of the decade" type player then it could lead to open bidding by companies who are connected to certain schools. It could get out of hand quickly.
My third thought is whether this will lead to more star players at "Have not" schools leaving through the transfer portal because they can cash in at the big schools? Could companies associated with Alabama or Clemson or LSU promise a star player at North Dakota State a deal in order to convince them to transfer?

Reactions: tbwhhs
Could companies associated with Alabama or Clemson or LSU promise a star player at North Dakota State a deal in order to convince them to transfer?

Absolutely, they could even agree to pay for tuition/housing so that a scholarship isn't used i.e. walk-on.

I agree a major split(s) is the most likely outcome but there is a long way to get there. They're not even talking about their present business model being blown up, let alone talking about their new ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirector
IRS does.

They are not "policing" the compensation, they generally don't regulate who you get paid by. The IRS doesn't stop me from receiving compensation.

These players getting paid is really no different than anyone else.

Do you get a check? If so, is some of it missing?

Generally, I get checks and none of its missing, if its missing I would send it to collections. The IRS doesn't care if Burger King pays me for an doing an ad, they don't regulate whether you can receive something. LOL

If theirs is missing, they send you to collections.

Absolutely, but they don't care what I am doing other than sending them their cut. They don't regulate the activity generating the income. Not sure what your point is. The IRS does not police where I get money from, they regulate and enforce the collection of taxes.

Absolutely, but they don't care what I am doing other than sending them their cut. They don't regulate the activity generating the income. Not sure what your point is. The IRS does not police where I get money from, they regulate and enforce the collection of taxes.

Just replying to your assertion. Someone does police, in terms of knowing what you make and making sure they get their cut.

Just replying to your assertion. Someone does police, in terms of knowing what you make.

Please reread the thread, the IRS does not police where my income comes from, which is what the discussion was about. The bank knows how much I make, they don't police (or regulate) the activity that generates income either.

If "policing" means knowing about, than I guess everyone is "policing" everyone.

Reactions: NashVol11
1. Milo’s tea is not very good.
2. States with no state income tax (and large college football programs) should benefit compared with other states. Wanna keep more of your $$? Come to UT, Texas A&M, Florida, etc.
3. This is going to further separate the haves and have-nots. Why go to a small private school like Vanderbilt, Baylor, etc. when you can go to a larger school with more alumni with more $$.

Please reread the thread, the IRS does not police where my income comes from, which is what the discussion was about. The bank knows how much I make, they don't police (or regulate) the activity that generates income either.

If "policing" means knowing about, than I guess everyone is "policing" everyone.

I never said they police where your income is derived. So enjoy your own reread.

images

Peaygolf (Austin Peay St. University).................sponsored by "Grizzly.........American Snuff Company"

Let's do this!

Thanks for reminding me of how often I once saw this crap in people's mouths vs how less often I see it now.

2. States with no state income tax (and large college football programs) should benefit compared with other states. Wanna keep more of your $$? Come to UT, Texas A&M, Florida, etc.
3. This is going to further separate the haves and have-nots. Why go to a small private school like Vanderbilt, Baylor, etc. when you can go to a larger school with more alumni with more $$.

Vanderbilt has many alumni with lots of $$$ and is in TN.(No state income tax)

Often times being student at an out-of-state school does not impart residency, and they would be taxed according to their home state's rules on income earned from outside of the state.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back