I'm a UGA Pruitt believer

Lets compare the start both got off too, first recruiting classes both stayed with their team and coached through the playoffs, UGA and Kirby finished 9, UT and Pruitt finished 20.

Lets compare their hires for their staff, Kirby hires a DC with multiple successful years in the NFL as a DC, Pruitt hires a buddy from his HS days who spent 1 year as a DC at South Alabama,

For OC, Kirby hired a guy with multiple years of OC experience running different type offense, Pruitt hires a passing game coordinator who didn't call plays

RB coach which is a recruiting mercenary job, Kirby hires number 1 recruiter in the country, Pruitt hires a buddy who use to coach at IMG and no one there knows.

OL coach Kirby hires one of the best if not the best in the country, Pruitt hires his college roommate.

WR, Kirby hires a former OC at a P5 school, Pruitt hires a guy 2 years removed from the HS sideline.

TE, Kirby hires a coach with multiple years as a P5 coordinator, Pruitt hires another buddy from the support staff at Bama

DL coach, Kirby hired a young agressive DL coach who preaches technique, Pruitt hired a DL coach Kirby fired for being lazy recruiter and coach.

The CB coach at UT seems to have the best resume of any coach Pruitt hired and the only personal connection he had with him was coaching with his college roommate.

The S hire was the most puzzling, FSU's defense has been a sieve since Pruitt left.

UT's staff scares no one in the SEC and Pruitt will end up making headlines at some booster's meeting when too many booster's wives and alcohol are present at the same time.

Lol this ladies and gentlemen is called dumbassism.

Reactions: 6 people
" Both guys are really really really good coaches, good teachers, good motivators, understand people well and certainly have a real good knowledge of football. And theyre well organized guys. "

- Nick Saban on DEREK DOOLEY and will muschamp

Coach worship sucks

Reactions: 5 people
I see Pruitt and Smart battling it out for supremacy in the SEC in a few short years. The Saban era is nearing its end.

Didn’t Saban just win 14 games and the national championship? Guess he’s going out with a bang.

Lets compare the start both got off too, first recruiting classes both stayed with their team and coached through the playoffs, UGA and Kirby finished 9, UT and Pruitt finished 20.

Lets compare their hires for their staff, Kirby hires a DC with multiple successful years in the NFL as a DC, Pruitt hires a buddy from his HS days who spent 1 year as a DC at South Alabama,

For OC, Kirby hired a guy with multiple years of OC experience running different type offense, Pruitt hires a passing game coordinator who didn't call plays

RB coach which is a recruiting mercenary job, Kirby hires number 1 recruiter in the country, Pruitt hires a buddy who use to coach at IMG and no one there knows.

OL coach Kirby hires one of the best if not the best in the country, Pruitt hires his college roommate.

WR, Kirby hires a former OC at a P5 school, Pruitt hires a guy 2 years removed from the HS sideline.

TE, Kirby hires a coach with multiple years as a P5 coordinator, Pruitt hires another buddy from the support staff at Bama

DL coach, Kirby hired a young agressive DL coach who preaches technique, Pruitt hired a DL coach Kirby fired for being lazy recruiter and coach.

The CB coach at UT seems to have the best resume of any coach Pruitt hired and the only personal connection he had with him was coaching with his college roommate.

The S hire was the most puzzling, FSU's defense has been a sieve since Pruitt left.

UT's staff scares no one in the SEC and Pruitt will end up making headlines at some booster's meeting when too many booster's wives and alcohol are present at the same time.

Boy you've gone and done it now. Don't you realize we're in full blown Puppy love with Pruitt right now?

Now compare what each coach had and has to work with position by position. and Kirby did not have to deal with the dumpster fire of a coach hire and early signing.

Reactions: 2 people

You must have access to the internet. :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 3 people
Now compare what each coach had and has to work with position by position. and Kirby did not have to deal with the dumpster fire of a coach hire and early signing.

Did Pruitt have to "deal with the dumpster fire of a coach hire?" If so, exactly what did he have to do to deal with it?

I hope you're right, though, even if Pruitt is a great HC, think we're now near the end of the "Weak East" era in SEC. Georgia has been a sleeping superpower for awhile and you all finally lived up to the billing under Kirby last year. Dan Mullen is a great coach, too, and Florida is not going to be down for much longer. Meanwhile, South Carolina continues to be pretty competitive in the league.

Then, of course, our cross-divisional rival is Bama, so we're pretty much in a situation where we're probably going to have a bare minimum of 3-4 really tough games every season. If Pruitt can succeed given all that, then he'll certainly be worth every penny.

Given where we are right now...
for the next couple of years we're going to have 6-7 really tough games every season.

Any one who coaches UT football should completely avoid mind-altering substances while they are employed here. way too many conflicts. I think I would hire a Mormon or something.

Did Pruitt have to "deal with the dumpster fire of a coach hire?" If so, exactly what did he have to do to deal with it?

Oh, come on. Who in the SEC had to hire a head coach after UT? Which head coach had less time to get on board, find assistants willing to come under the stigma John Currie left and consolidate recruiting before early signing? All of that because of Currie's "dumpster fire" coaching search.

Are you just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

That makes for great negative recruiting. Instability is a programs worst nightmare. I'm counting on PF and CJP to fix that while winning ball games.

Oh, come on. Who in the SEC had to hire a head coach after UT? Which head coach had less time to get on board, find assistants willing to come under the stigma John Currie left and consolidate recruiting before early signing? All of that because of Currie's "dumpster fire" coaching search.

What's your angle?

Pruitt was hired after the coaching search disaster, he didnt have to deal with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Kirby can get players in UGA that Tenn admin wont allow.

What is your evidence to back this up? Which of UGA's recruiting class could not have gotten into UT? UGA has some of the most difficult admission standards in the SEC, next to Vandy.

Thank you for your encouragement. I don’t like Kirby, but he’s taken UGA to a championship level team in 1 year. The only other coach that I know has done this is Saban.

As for Pruitt “going against the grain,” this is Your interpretation of hearsay/gossip. Same for Pruitt and Smart almost getting into a fight. It’s 3rd hand gossip. Kirby has proven he’s a top level head coach and recruiter. Pruitt has proven he’s a top level defensive coordinator. Time will tell how this plays out.

Oh, and from what I’ve heard, none of the coaches or support staff like Kirby. He’s a micro-managing, loose cannon. (Don’t worry, not many coaches like Saban either...)

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I think it's good to go against the grain if the grain ain't getting things done. I'm pretty sure my statements about Pruitt and Richt are correct, and I take Pruitt's side in the matter.

Where did you hear that Kirby is a "micro-managing, loose cannon"? I've lived in GA all of my life, am a UGA alum, and am originally from where Kirby grew up, and I've never heard that description of Kirby. Good HC's have to have tight reigns on their program, but "loose cannon", IMHO, is a very inaccurate description of Kirby Smart.

Let's compare the records of the respective teams to at least compare apples to oranges. Georgia was, I believe, 11-2 the year before Kirby Smart started. UT was 4-8 last year, all the while looking like a group of psychopaths from the administration all the way up to the fans. I believe that had a little something to do with the differential in ranking. Oh yeah, also a little factor of a completely new "early" signing period that Kirby Smart did not have to deal with.

i expect him to be a good enough coach to figure out a way to win every game. I expect him to coach our players to execute the game plans enough to win, despite all the mistakes youngsters will make.

Any coach that needs time to get "his guys" in to run "his system", is bush league.

lol

When he was here, I loved the guy. No nonsense, hard worker, lunch pail type guy. He's going to need some time to get his feet under him, and time to recruit guys that fit into his system.

The only thing that some didn't like about Pruitt, which I did like, was that he went against the grain. He and Richt didn't see eye-to-eye, particularly Richt's and Pruitt's final season at UGA. Inside scoop is that they nearly came to blows at Richt's house one night.

I had hoped that Kirby would retain Pruitt but, for some reason, that didn't happen. I think he's the right guy if Vol fans are patient. And Fulmer needs to stay out of his way and only answer questions asked.

This smacks of everything my condescending bama friends have said with every hire since the Fulmer firing.

What is your evidence to back this up? Which of UGA's recruiting class could not have gotten into UT? UGA has some of the most difficult admission standards in the SEC, next to Vandy.

As of 2004, Tenn became the ONLY school in the SEC to not allow academic exceptions. Starting in 2004 Tenn athletics began to slide to mediocrity and worse. Many Tenn fans and supporters have complained and petitioned to change this, hopefully now that Jimmy Cheeks has been removed as Chancellor, Tenn will be like ALL the other SEC teams that allow academic exceptions for admittance

As of 2004, Tenn became the ONLY school in the SEC to not allow academic exceptions. Starting in 2004 Tenn athletics began to slide to mediocrity and worse. Many Tenn fans and supporters have complained and petitioned to change this, hopefully now that Jimmy Cheeks has been removed as Chancellor, Tenn will be like ALL the other SEC teams that allow academic exceptions for admittance

What is an "academic exception", specifically? Which of UGA's 2018 recruiting class would have not qualified for UT?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back