ILB Competition Prediction

Who will win the battle for the spot beside Banks at ILB?

• Aaron Beasley

Votes: 70 23.1%
  • Juwan Mitchell

Votes: 217 71.6%
  • Kwauze Garland

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • William Mohan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solon Page

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Kalib Perry

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Elijah Herring

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Jackson Hannah

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

keenobserver

I have a feeling this one will be much more unanimous, particularly for those who have been reading the media reports from camp.

Reactions: The Hound
I have a feeling this one will be much more unanimous, particularly for those who have been reading the media reports from camp.
Yeah seems like Mitchell has really turned it on and is going to be good for us. Beasley is still a pretty decent option, and will be good depth for us. I'm more interested in the next couple years as our top 4 options all gone after this year I would think.

Yeah seems like Mitchell has really turned it on and is going to be good for us. Beasley is still a pretty decent option, and will be good depth for us. I'm more interested in the next couple years as our top 4 options all gone after this year I would think.

I agree. I'll add that ideally I wish Herring or Perry is able to steal some of Page's plug and play reps this season considering they're gonna have huge roles next season.

Reactions: VAVol85
Beasley will start against Ball State if that's the question. By the time the Gators come to Neyland it very well could be Mitchell. In other words its Beasley's job to lose and they won't take it from him in preseason camp. Mitchell will have to come take it on Saturdays.

If Beasley is the best option we have as a stater and not a reserve option we are in trouble. Let me be fair to the young man. Unless he has truly developed into a much better player.

Yes

His pff grades were truly horrendous. The uk game was some of the worst sec linebacker play I've ever seen.

According to practice reports Mitchell and Beasley have been working together

Page is likely working with Banks but reporters don't see the whole practice so I'm thinking they're mixing it up a lot more than we realize especially at LB'er and cornerback. IMO those are the 2 weak spots on our D.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Probably have them on the field together to compete a lot but our biggest issue was depth last year so I’m sure all 4 will play a lot… we need guys more fresh in the 4th Q of tough games.

Linebacking play was very bad last year but we didn't notice it as much because the defensive backs were worse. Both position groups must show major improvement if the Vols defense is going to be competitive vs good competition.

I wonder if there is so little separation between the 1s and 2s at LB that we will rotate them heavily, maybe every other series, to keep them fresh. LBs aren't meant to play 100 snaps/game.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back