‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

I don't disagree with the amount of depth there. The question, which none of us know the answer to, is how talented those guys will be at THIS level. Other than White (and Merrill sparingly), we haven't seen any of those guys on a college field. For that reason, it wouldn't surprise me to see us pick up a guy or two, from the portal, who have shown the ability to play and physically hold up on an SEC field.
Personally I'd like to see them pick up JImmy Horn jr from USF this year.
Have him and Squirrel White in the slot just killing teams every game.

Leacock is a Marquez North clone. In this system North would have killed it! Butch casualty.
Seldon is a combo player, but he's still going to do a lot of damage from WR.

Leacock 6'4 210 4.4 speed (2,000 yards receiving 25 TDs as a senior :oops:)
Seldon 6'2 220 4.3 speed (13 total TDs 4 different ways)
- Seldon is raw in route running for a WR and playing with good pad- level from a RB.
But honestly it doesn't matter because you can never scheme for him. Totally different kind of player

I don't disagree with the amount of depth there. The question, which none of us know the answer to, is how talented those guys will be at THIS level. Other than White (and Merrill sparingly), we haven't seen any of those guys on a college field. For that reason, it wouldn't surprise me to see us pick up a guy or two, from the portal, who have shown the ability to play and physically hold up on an SEC field.
Last year we had Jevonta Peyton, Cedric Tillman, and Velus Jones. All unproven as WRs at this level by their career stats. This year we had Jalin Hyatt, Bru McCoy, and Ramel Keyton that were all unproven and performed at a high level in this offense. While I'm not against adding a complete stud from the portal, I can't see adding multiple receivers when they've proven to get the most out of the talent available, and there's definitely available talent.

In 2024 season
You'd have
WR Webb 6'4 204 RS So
WR Leacock 6'4 215 So
SL White 5'10 185 Jr
FL Merrill 6'1 190 Sr
APB Seldon 6'2 220 So
WR Bennett 6'0 180 Fr

Nimrod Rs So and Spillman RS Fr for depth.

Not to mention Transfer portal that year plus whatever other studs we got for 2024 class.

Those top 6 players mentioned are all really good players and we don't rotate very often.
Chas is ahead of Kaleb Webb right now

Personally I'd like to see them pick up JImmy Horn jr from USF this year.
Have him and Squirrel White in the slot just killing teams every game.

Leacock is a Marquez North clone. In this system North would have killed it! Butch casualty.
Seldon is a combo player, but he's still going to do a lot of damage from WR.

Leacock 6'4 210 4.4 speed (2,000 yards receiving 25 TDs as a senior :oops:)
Seldon 6'2 220 4.3 speed (13 total TDs 4 different ways)
- Seldon is raw in route running for a WR and playing with good pad- level from a RB.
But honestly it doesn't matter because you can never scheme for him. Totally different kind of player
Gotta have a QB who can regularly hit 'em though.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back