‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

You can win 8-10 games with overachievers like Tillman and Velus. But if we ever truly want it to feel like ‘98 again, we’re gonna need ELITE receivers.

I’d discount Georgia because they had an NFL defense last year. Outside of that, look at the teams winning the NC - Alabama, LSU, and Clemson have all had absolute monsters at the position when they won.

Hell, as good as Alabama and Saban is - we saw how much different they looked once their two receivers went down last year. Went from embarrassing UGA in the SECCG to losing to them when it mattered most.
Yup. Couldn’t agree more. And if you bring up those monster player’s profiles, they were all top 100 prospects. Heupel and his staff will create a productive offense with what they have, and can scheme guys open, but game-changers at the position are a must.

Just because he is announcing tomorrow doesn't mean he is signing tomorrow. December is a long ways away. Results on the field could change his mind.

You do have a point but that’s not likely going to be in our favor. OSU is gonna steamroll the B10 this year. Michigan got lucky last year. That is not gonna happen this year. OSU likely wins 11 games and makes the playoffs.

Do you see us doing anything similar to that this year?

Reactions: orange blossom
You do have a point but that’s not likely going to be in our favor. OSU is gonna steamroll the B10 this year. Michigan got lucky last year. That is not gonna happen this year. OSU likely wins 11 games and makes the playoffs.

Do you see us doing anything similar to that this year?

No because we’re in the SEC that’ll likely play two of the Final Four teams in the college playoffs.

Ohio St has zero competition in the Big 10.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
No because we’re in the SEC that’ll likely play two of the Final Four teams in the college playoffs.

Ohio St has zero competition in the Big 10.

But that’s the point. OSU is virtually a shoe in for the playoffs. So we can’t really use the results on the field because this year we are not gonna have better results than OSU.

Nicole recently showed out in Vegas with much less talented WR's than other top QB prospects. Consistently threw them open and made them look better with elite throws. We will be fine and just need talented guys who can catch and run. Nicole will take care of the rest. I'm much more concerned with getting top flight OL to protect him than any single WR. Still would have been nice to get Tate but if he chooses an easier conference to dominate lesser DB's then I don't blame him
Who's Nicole? Pics please. She sounds hot.

You can win 8-10 games with overachievers like Tillman and Velus. But if we ever truly want it to feel like ‘98 again, we’re gonna need ELITE receivers.

I’d discount Georgia because they had an NFL defense last year. Outside of that, look at the teams winning the NC - Alabama, LSU, and Clemson have all had absolute monsters at the position when they won.

Hell, as good as Alabama and Saban is - we saw how much different they looked once their two receivers went down last year. Went from embarrassing UGA in the SECCG to losing to them when it mattered most.

Um. I don’t recall Peerless Price, Cedric Wilson,Jermaine Copeland, or any of that 1998 WR group being 5 stars out of high school. In fact,none of them were.

VN Store

Back