‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

He will be a Vol.

Had a Jimmy Neutron brainblast... Saw him in an orange shirt in a vision. So I will say it now...

BOOM...

You can reach the NFL from any school. If Tate picks OSU, he picks OSU, but let's not pretend going there "helps" his NFL chances. That's a fallacy OSU coaches are pushing to get recruits. If that ends up being the reason Tate picks OSU, then he just got fooled. You can look at the NFL's top WRs and where they went to school and see, it's possible to get to the league from any school. The NFL finds talent. So he needs to pick the place he feels most comfortable, and not base it off this fantasy of "you're more likely to get drafted if you attend x school". If that's OSU, then it's OSU. Hopefully it's Tennessee, but if it's not, we'll just find some other WR to make a star.

No one's slurping Ohio State. Stop being infants who can't admit obvious facts, like having the 3rd most wins over the last 86 years is pretty damn good.

What does the past matter? Tennessee has a pretty great history, too. Sure, we're coming out of a bad period, but lets not pretend we're some second rate chump school. Now, let's address the present. We play in the toughest conference in college football. I'll give the Big 10 second place when it comes to toughest conference, but if we're being honest, it's a pretty distant second place. So I'll give OSU their due, but don't act like Tennessee is somehow less than OSU. We're not.

I mainly want Tate from a perception standpoint but like many others have said, it’s not hard for a WR to flourish in this offense. Not knocking Tate at all as I think he’s a very good player and would love to have him, but a decent route runner with speed can thrive here. Can’t wait to see what players like Nimrod, Squirrel White, etc. do here.

You can reach the NFL from any school. If Tate picks OSU, he picks OSU, but let's not pretend going there "helps" his NFL chances. That's a fallacy OSU coaches are pushing to get recruits. If that ends up being the reason Tate picks OSU, then he just got fooled. You can look at the NFL's top WRs and where they went to school and see, it's possible to get to the league from any school. The NFL finds talent. So he needs to pick the place he feels most comfortable, and not base it off this fantasy of "you're more likely to get drafted if you attend x school". If that's OSU, then it's OSU. Hopefully it's Tennessee, but if it's not, we'll just find some other WR to make a star.

I agree with you. I’d like to get this guy but I have a feeling we won’t notice if we don’t. I’m probably naive, but right now I think Heupel’s offense can make a star out of any competent, Division I wide receiver.

I’m more anxious about improving the defense, if we want to get to the next level. We at least need the 2019 LSU defense. Not elite but good enough to get stops and hand the ball quickly back to the offense.

Honestly I hope this pushes him to OSU so idiots will get learnt to stop messaging high school boyz
You honestly believe that him committing to another school will stop the ones writing love letters…. You must not know who SAB is?

VN Store

Back