‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

"How do I steal a kid's moment without stealing a kid's moment?"

We very well may pull in 4+ 5*'s in this class.
Tennessee fan accounts get grief on social media for only using a recruit's highest ranking. So my question is, do we count Tate as a 5 star even though he's technically only a 5 star on Rivals?

Tennessee fan accounts get grief on social media for only using a recruit's highest ranking. So my question is, do we count Tate as a 5 star even though he's technically only a 5 star on Rivals?
Also he is the 14th rated player by 247..they haven’t updated all of their five stars but they usually do like the first 32 as five stars. He will be one when it is updated.

Ha, because a contingent of our fanbase stood on a table over that issue during HB's recruitment a few years ago.
I mean.....the reality is is that it's a subjective process. There are 5*'s who should be 4's, and 4's who should be 3's, and 4's who should be 5's, and then there's some that aren't rated that may be better than all of them.

At this point....I think we're allowed to take bragging points where ever we can get them. So if a recognized service says someone is a 5*, then by golly, they're a 5*.

I mean.....the reality is is that it's a subjective process. There are 5*'s who should be 4's, and 4's who should be 3's, and 4's who should be 5's, and then there's some that aren't rated that may be better than all of them.

At this point....I think we're allowed to take bragging points where ever we can get them. So if a recognized service says someone is a 5*, then by golly, they're a 5*.
He also failed to mention that 247 has rated 4 prospects as 5 star as of now. They do 32 eventually. Tate is rated 14th, well in 5 star range

....the fine print as well...If the recruit commits to another SEC school, we didnt want them anyway, have better recruits in mind.
THATS what I've read.....hope it helps

Reactions: Joe Dirt
Ohio State believes it needs $13 million in NIL money to keep its football roster together: Doug Lesmerises

And while it might be tempting to look at $13 million for an 85-man scholarship football team as $150,000 per player, I think the better calculation is something closer to $500,000 each for the 26 guys you can’t live without.

Ohio State hosted the event at the Covelli Center on campus to unveil an NIL Corporate Ambassador Program to encourage businesses to hire OSU athletes through the athletic department. Businesses get the athletes as endorsers and can provide internship and educational opportunities. And the athletes get paid.

But the event was also a clear signal that Ohio State is making the moves it believes it needs to make to keep up in an unregulated NIL world, where the NCAA is sitting on the sidelines as states and athletic departments implement different rules and hand out millions of dollars in different ways to keep players on their teams, or get players to their teams.

Ohio State, as it often does, is trying to occupy a middle ground. On a 30-minute panel featuring Day, athletic director Gene Smith, and Carey Hoyt, the senior associate AD overseeing the NIL efforts, Smith referenced schools that are basically directly paying recruits through NIL right now, which isn’t technically allowed by NCAA rules but isn’t currently being enforced at all.

“Unscrupulous characters are good at what they do, and it’s always been that way,” Smith said.

So Smith said the Buckeyes won’t get into the world of encouraging straight payments for recruits. Ohio State, both with its new internal program and with its outside collectives, continues to try to tie player payments to actions. On video screens at the event, possible player activities highlighted were brand endorsements, autograph signings, establishing camps, making appearances and promoting businesses.

But the reality is that Ohio State can’t fall behind. Smith and Day said they believe NIL and the transfer portal will sort itself out in the next two to three years. They didn’t offer specifics, but maybe that leads to a structure of the largest and richest athletic departments breaking off to make and follow and new set of rules. In the meantime, Day compared the situation to the speed limit.

“If the speed limit’s 45 miles per hour, and you drive 45 miles per hour, a lot of people are going to pass you by,” Day said. “If you go too fast, you’re going to get pulled over.”

So that’s the middle ground Ohio State said it wants. What is that? Maybe 53 miles per hour? Maybe 57 if the weather is good and the roads are empty?

Day said the Buckeyes have been gathering information by talking to recruits and their families and getting a sense of what other schools might be discussing with NIL deals. He said he believes right now top-shelf quarterbacks require $2 million in NIL money. Major offensive tackles and edge rushers he said are about $1 million.

Just read the comments on the Ginger’s YouTube page. No one takes this guy seriously
This is a hilariously bad take (the video) Tennessee was turned down by WR so they shifted all their NIL effort to an EDGE recruit.. Okay lol. More like Tennessee has enough in NIL to get several big names in the boat.

VN Store

Back