'20 IL OG Javontez Spraggins (UT SIGNEE)

I would @ our resident “TWSS” master, Glitch, but chucklenuts doesn’t check his messages.

'Chucklenuts'? I lol'ed.

As a fellow engineer, I appreciate the many joys of numerical performance metrics, but the OCD just won't let me do it. Must. Click. The. Red. Button.

Reactions: engineerVOL
It is really difficult to tell much about an OL against lesser competition. But one thing he did in those camp videos is get guys off balance. When they try to dip or spin, he uses their momentum and drives them off.

This guy is going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: Vol Main
How is the #8 OG a 3 star? These ratings make no sense. I feel like if you’re in the top 25 in your position group you should be an automatic 4 star, excluding special teams guys.
Yup, hard to imagine you’re rated 8 at your position group yet a 3 star. Makes no sense.

How is the #8 OG a 3 star? These ratings make no sense. I feel like if you’re in the top 25 in your position group you should be an automatic 4 star, excluding special teams guys.
He’s the number 8# OG in 247 Sports and #6 OG in 247 Sports Composite, in the state of Illinois

He’s the number 8# OG in 247 Sports and #6 OG in 247 Sports Composite, in the state of Illinois
Incorrect. They have him rated as a C. He is the 8th ranked Center in the country on 247. 12th in the composite.

The rankings are highly swayed toward the skill positions. Something like 50 WRs in the top 250. Only 10-15 interior OL.

Reactions: tennvols77
Incorrect. They have him rated as a C. He is the 8th ranked Center in the country on 247. 12th in the composite.

The rankings are highly swayed toward the skill positions. Something like 50 WRs in the top 250. Only 10-15 interior OL.
Ah i misread that, i saw the C but thought I’d clicked on the OG for pos rankings. So we have the #8 and #12 C in Cooper and Spraggins in the 247 composite, #4 and #8 OC per 247 Sports

Up to 379 overall in the 24/7 rankings. Wasn't he hundreds of spots lower when he committed to us? Awesome to see him stick with us and get that recognition. I think this kid will be awesome to watch on the O line. He looks mean on film.

Yep...he’s made a pretty big jump since committing...yet another example of our coaches spotting talent early...I’m really glad they let Johnson commit for a while just so we could get Spraggins 😂

Seriously though...great recruiting all around by our staff in this kid...and yet another example of ESPN hosing our class this year...kids a 75 on there and a high 3* on the other two...we have several kids whose composite would be much higher if ESPN hadn’t given them an arbitrary low rating to start with only to never reevaluate later

VN Store

Back