If you had to choose UF vs Bama game.....

They usually go on sale in June or July. However I think there is a less than zero percent chance they will have any UF or Bama tickets available for sale.

This is the boat I'm in. I got a deal on 2 season tickets last week though

Since nothing is ever off the table at VolNation, I had a feeling that somewhere along the line this question would be asked.

My non-answer is (c) None of the above.

One way of avoiding the choice between being shot in the left foot (again for the 12th or the 10th time, depending upon which foot that a persons assigns which team) versus the right foot (again) is to rephrase the question by taking some of the emotion out of it (impossible): is a divisional loss worse than a non-divisional loss?

What the crap? Go find a safe space, we're whooping both of them😁

Find a 2nd job, sell something you own, borrow the money because this year if you go to just one and not the other you will never forgive yourself.

3 to save for. Gonna beat Bama again in Atlanta. :rock:

If you are for sure going, no matter the record or delusions of winning if we look bad, I would say go to Bama. More history, better coach, one of CFB's greatest rivalry games.

If UT has a decent start then I would pick UF, crowd will be more fired up with an undefeated team and the atmosphere will be amazing.

If UT kills their 1st 3 opponents in every faze of the game then I would go to Bama. If there are signs that this team is focused on a national championship then watch the big dogs fight it out. That game may signify a changing of the guard in the SEC

They usually go on sale in June or July. However I think there is a less than zero percent chance they will have any UF or Bama tickets available for sale.

they usually hold back tickets for donors and I've been able to get them for big games the last 10-12 years. I was told last week not to expect to get the extra's I need this year.

they think all they will have for these two games are whatever is returned to UT by Florida or Alabama which would be at top of the upper South endzone.

I usually go to two games/year. One big game with high dollar tickets and one lesser SEC game. This year I'm picking the florida game, I like the matchup better and I love those late September games. Hoping for a repeat of 1990 under the lights.

Definitely the Bama game, last year we were one of the few teams to have a lead on them in the 4th qtr. If you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Jump highest VOLS!!

Lol. I will be splurging just to go to one. With lower level tickets going for 800 a pair, I can't do two big games.

You can get a pair on gameday on the strip for 200 total. Don't buy online. Go to both. I'd you wanna spend 800 and get pair to both games message me.

If you have kids, Alabama. If it's you and whoever else, and you enjoy rowdy crowds and heavy cursing, Florida. If not though, Bama again. Tickets aren't going to be reasonable for either so throw that out the window.

If you are for sure going, no matter the record or delusions of winning if we look bad, I would say go to Bama. More history, better coach, one of CFB's greatest rivalry games.

If UT has a decent start then I would pick UF, crowd will be more fired up with an undefeated team and the atmosphere will be amazing.

If UT kills their 1st 3 opponents in every faze of the game then I would go to Bama. If there are signs that this team is focused on a national championship then watch the big dogs fight it out. That game may signify a changing of the guard in the SEC

The problem is if one waits too long the price for either game may be out of reach. :)

Best go to the Florida bash. Seems like a lot of money to spend on Bama when most of the orange has cranked their boats by the end of the 3rd quarter.

I wish I could disagree but I cannot. The last game I attended was the 2012 Alabama game. We stayed until the clock hit zero but it was rough. I have not been in a fight in over two decades but the always "classy" visiting Alabama fans had me ready to turn Neyland into the thunder dome that night. I could have thrown every arogant prick in crimson over the railing and watched them splat on to the pavement without any guilt.
I look back and am happy my wife was able to set me straight. I understand football is a game but the Alabama fans that I was unfortunate to meet that night were trashy cowards. If a tide fan ever says another word to my wife I might need a gofundme page to afford the bail that comes along with violent crimes.

Reactions: 1 person
We will beat UF, imo. I would choose Bama. We are not the same UT that we were since 2007. We goota shot at beating Bama. We almost did on the road last year, which is amazing.

I wish I could disagree but I cannot. The last game I attended was the 2012 Alabama game. We stayed until the clock hit zero but it was rough. I have not been in a fight in over two decades but the always "classy" visiting Alabama fans had me ready to turn Neyland into the thunder dome that night. I could have thrown every arogant prick in crimson over the railing and watched them splat on to the pavement without any guilt.
I look back and am happy my wife was able to set me straight. I understand football is a game but the Alabama fans that I was unfortunate to meet that night were trashy cowards. If a tide fan ever says another word to my wife I might need a gofundme page to afford the bail that comes along with violent crimes.

I can think of a lot of sec road games that just getting back to the car was a miracle in itself. Baton Rogue, Neyland, Starkvegas just to name a few. No one has the market cornered on poor sports and too much alcohol.

UF for sure. I have been to every Florida home game since 98. No way in the world I miss this game unless my wife goes into labor way early. I cannot stand Florida with every ounce of my being.

We will see something magical against Florida this year. I'm all for not rushing the field. But, by God, I truly believe it will happen this year.

I'd definitely go to the Bama game. We're going to rip Florida's heads off and p!ss down their gaping necks. Bama should actually be a good game. Might as well get your money's worth.

Alright after reading through this thread I have finally decided I WILL be going to the FL game this year.

This will be my first game at neyland, so would I benefit from showing up to the strip early on game day and walking around for tickets? How much money should I bring for a pair of tickets, what is a reasonable window of money to expect to pay?

UF is going 0-12 this year.

Who wants to see UT destroy a creampuff UF squad without a QB, a garbage OL and no one worth a damn left on defense?

Go to the Bama game instead.

VN Store

Back