If you could steal a player…

With a loaded defense, great OL, and good skill players
You do see what he’s doing out on field don’t you? Running around back there making some of the most ridiculous plays ever. Extended plays longer than anyone and the speed to run for first downs and more. It’s hard to break him down. He has the mentality like no other…because he KNOWS….he’s gonna come back out on the field and he’s gonna win ! I just hope this is his last year lol

This guy 100%.

Someone already said Stetson Bennett.
498730-fe712427984dcfb3390a954c3da1a48d.jpg

Reactions: WingT
You do see what he’s doing out on field don’t you? Running around back there making some of the most ridiculous plays ever. Extended plays longer than anyone and the speed to run for first downs and more. It’s hard to break him down. He has the mentality like no other…because he KNOWS….he’s gonna come back out on the field and he’s gonna win ! I just hope this is his last year lol
Great player..... with a bunch of great players around him. Not trading him for Hendon if I'm picking someone that will make a difference on OUR team. We need some defense.

Harold Perkins is a difference maker on defense and imo if you get to the qb as fast as he does sometimes you don’t have time burn our secondary.
A&M and Georgia both just kinda ran at him… pull a guard wear him out and then he’s not a real effective pass rusher. I like a guy who can hold up in the run game and still be a pass rusher. But he’s just a freshman, he may get stronger and then he’ll be a force

Reactions: bag12day
Really would like to see an elite safety in this defense. No idea who is the best young player at that position but I would take them or Perkins from LSU.

Great player..... with a bunch of great players around him. Not trading him for Hendon if I'm picking someone that will make a difference on OUR team. We need some defense.
You got to quit throwing in great players around him…bs. We beat them with our talented players not just Hendon. If your thinking that way then we don’t have a chance in hell beating Clemson.! I love Hendon but let’s be realistic here. Hendon doesn’t possess that sorta talent. This thread is about an individual player on another team !!! I get the love and the VFL…it’s the topic and Bryce Young is in his own league.

I even hate to say this because of the school….But he can beat you with nearly anybody on his team. That player is………Bryce Young

Bama had literally nothing for Tennessee this year…………except they still had Young.

He made plays in spite of his protection. He was the only reason they didn’t lose by 24+

With a loaded defense, great OL, and good skill players

He definitely has talent around him……however did you watch the Tennessee game?

Tennessee looked considerably better everywhere. Young just made plays and kept them going.

Tennessee’s D line looked better
Tennessee’s D looked better
Tennessee’s O line looked better
Tennessee ran the ball better
Tennessee’s receivers looked better
Tennessee’s special teams looked better
Tennessee was more disciplined

I’ll take Hooker all day ever day……..but Young was the only reason Bama was even in that game.

You got to quit throwing in great players around him…bs. We beat them with our talented players not just Hendon. If your thinking that way then we don’t have a chance in hell beating Clemson.! I love Hendon but let’s be realistic here. Hendon doesn’t possess that sorta talent. This thread is about an individual player on another team !!! I get the love and the VFL…it’s the topic and Bryce Young is in his own league.
Hendon is a freakin' baller. We have SOME very talented players. Then some fairly talented players and some players that are pretty average. We might have 2, maybe 3 guys that would start on Bama's defense. On offense, our WRs would start and probably Wright. They have better RBs, better TEs, and probably at least even on the OL. And they still have decent WRs. They have recruited significantly better than us. After being developed, some of our guys panned out.

He definitely has talent around him……however did you watch the Tennessee game?

Tennessee looked considerably better everywhere. Young just made plays and kept them going.

Tennessee’s D line looked better
Tennessee’s D looked better
Tennessee’s O line looked better
Tennessee ran the ball better
Tennessee’s receivers looked better
Tennessee’s special teams looked better
Tennessee was more disciplined

I’ll take Hooker all day ever day……..but Young was the only reason Bama was even in that game.
I'll give you that but if you look at our whole body of work, most would probably draw the conclusion we played very good that game. And the refs kept them in the game IMO but Bryce is very good. But so is Hooker and I'm not trading for a marginally better QB when we have other glaring issues that would make a bigger impact

I'll give you that but if you look at our whole body of work, most would probably draw the conclusion we played very good that game. And the refs kept them in the game IMO but Bryce is very good. But so is Hooker and I'm not trading for a marginally better QB when we have other glaring issues that would make a bigger impact

No no I wouldn’t go that route either

Just saying he could make plays on his on……although he was on a good team for the most part.

Reactions: Vol865
Hendon is a freakin' baller. We have SOME very talented players. Then some fairly talented players and some players that are pretty average. We might have 2, maybe 3 guys that would start on Bama's defense. On offense, our WRs would start and probably Wright. They have better RBs, better TEs, and probably at least even on the OL. And they still have decent WRs. They have recruited significantly better than us. After being developed, some of our guys panned out.
So if that’s the case how in the hellO did we beat them this year?? We have excellent OG.’s Carvin and Spraggins are hard to beat. D.Wright found his spot at right tackle. Coop is starting to hold his ground so much with the bulrush. Left tackle was the sore spot this year. Overall this was a very good OLine. Your not gonna admit it from the comments. But Hendon held on to the ball way to long at times. Causing him to get sacked more than he should’ve. We need a top tier running back or two. When we get over that hump and you will see it. It will be when we get a top five running back or two and the cornerbacks we also desperately need. Linebackers also! They don’t have better TE….we have two five and six year players experienced is huge. They had an ex Vandy TE. who’s okay but I can’t think any others. Stars don’t always start and get on the field quickly. Our WR. are also better this is also due to experience. They may have star power but that don’t mean much if you can’t transform that onto the field quickly. These small backs we have are excellent in this RPO system. We need bigger backs also like J.Lewis S.Bryson type. Big but can move in the flats and run people over.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So if that’s the case how in the hellO did we beat them this year?? We have excellent OG.’s Carvin and Spraggins are hard to beat. D.Wright found his spot at right tackle. Coop is starting to hold his ground so much with the bulrush. Left tackle was the sore spot this year. Overall this was a very good OLine. Your not gonna admit it from the comments. But Hendon held on to the ball way to long at times. Causing him to get sacked more than he should’ve. We need a top tier running back or two. When we get over that hump and you will see it. It will be when we get a top five running back or two and the cornerbacks we also desperately need. Linebackers also! They don’t have better TE….we have two five and six year players experienced is huge. They had an ex Vandy TE. who’s okay but I can’t think any others. Stars don’t always start and get on the field quickly. Our WR. are also better this is also due to experience. They may have star power but that don’t mean much if you can’t transform that onto the field quickly. These small backs we have are excellent in this RPO system. We need bigger backs also like J.Lewis S.Bryson type. Big but can move in the flats and run people over.
Most of the time Hendon holds onto the ball longer because of the offense we run. We have deep choice routes. You can't anticipate throws like in a progression system. Warren and Fant are serviceable TEs but Latu is better. We had better WRs and OL is probably a wash.

A&M and Georgia both just kinda ran at him… pull a guard wear him out and then he’s not a real effective pass rusher. I like a guy who can hold up in the run game and still be a pass rusher. But he’s just a freshman, he may get stronger and then he’ll be a force
This was exactly my point… he was as effective as he was as an 18 yo freshman. You can scheme pass rush, coverage, designed blitz, twist rush, etc and it’s hard to plan for. He will be a top 5 pick in 2 years, so for the next two I would want him in the S&C room at UT and on the field on Saturdays for us.

From any other college football team to play for the Vols, who would it be? I would vote for TE Brock Bowers. With the WR deep threat in CJH’s offense, he would own the middle.

Are we talking about for this previous season or next season?

VN Store

Back