If You Could Attend Any ONE Sporting Event In History, What Would It Be?

Tough. So many awesome choices.

Game 6 2011 world series
Game 1 2010 Australian Rules Football League Grand Final
Game 6 1972 Spassky - Fischer World Chess Championship
1966 Texas Western v. Kentucky national championship game

Just thought of a couple of other baseball ones: May 5 and May 6, 1925, Detroit Tigers vs. St. Louis Browns

Ty Cobb hit five home runs and missed a sixth with a triple. 28 total bases.

5 HR
1 Triple
2 DBL
1 infield single.
Nine consecutive hits.

April 8, 1974. Hank hit Number 715. Watched it on TV, but cannot imagine what it was like being there. Met Mr. Aaron one time in Atlanta at his Krispy Kreme donut place in the West End.

For me it would be the February 4, 2007 Superbowl game. I've always been a huge Peyton Manning fan and my husband and I would go to Indy at least once a year to watch the Colts play. We'd make a weekend of it, always had a great time. Spotting the Bears 7 on the first play of the game was a bit disappointing but they came back and actually won. I was so happy for Peyton and the team that I stood in front of my TV and cried. So while it wasn't a game that would be considered legendary in sports it was memorable to me and I would love to have been there.

WOW...tough question OP.
There are so many it's hard to chose just ONE.
My obvious, knee-jerk answer is THE Fiesta Bowl.

Reactions: MAD
Vols - Miami, 1986 Sugar Bowl, Tennessee rolls 35 - 7
or
Celtics - Suns 1976 NBA Finals, Game 5 triple overtime, Boston Garden
Celts win 128-126 in what is still considered the "Greatest Game Ever Played"

This seems to be the runaway #1 answer.

Interesting tidbit. The game was played at 5 pm but the networks had it on a tape delay and showed it at 8 PM to grab a larger viewing audience. I wonder if people knew the outcome or not while watching? Does anyone remember?
I saw it live. I was living in Vermont and we got the Canadian networks up there. They carried the US feed live with no delay.

Generally speaking, the Miracle on Ice.

As a Vol, it would be hard to pass on the Fiesta Bowl Natty. I hope I get the chance to see us win it all again some day (like, Jan 2024).

Super Bowl XLVII

My best friend's kid started in it. I was too busy to make time for it in my younger days. I should have and that's something I regret to this day.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back