If you’re Bama, you firing Oats?

I think every 1 seed needs to fire their coach..
And every 2 seed except maybe TX.

I think the NCAA should do coaching like the NFL does seasonal games.

So the NCAA assigns the coach that wins the NCAA NC to the worst team in the NCAA, and the worst coach to the best team, and so on. This will eliminate the coaching carousal. Also, players go to the "school" (remember that?) they want to not knowing who their coach would be. Talk about chaos? This would also eliminate fans (so called) complaining about a guy that has done better in the program than any other coach they ever have had.

Oats is 48, has made the tournament in 6 of his first 7 tournament opportunities, and advanced in 5 of those 6. He's won 4 conference titles in 8 years as head coach including 2 of the last 3 in the SEC.

Barnes was in his 10th season before he won an NCAA tournament game and in his 12th before he won a conference title. He's won 4 conference titles in, what, 36 years?

Their career trajectory appears vastly different.

It's bad enough he's at Alabama, I hope like hell he doesn't end up at Kentucky.

Guy should be fired just for allowing Miller to play in tourney. Just for being part of that girls death, he doesn’t deliver the gun the girl is still alive PERIOD! Coach says wrong place wrong time, what a classless no balls deushebag.

Reactions: OllVol
Oats is 48, has made the tournament in 6 of his first 7 tournament opportunities, and advanced in 5 of those 6. He's won 4 conference titles in 8 years as head coach including 2 of the last 3 in the SEC.

Barnes was in his 10th season before he won an NCAA tournament game and in his 12th before he won a conference title. He's won 4 conference titles in, what, 36 years?

Their career trajectory appears vastly different.

It's bad enough he's at Alabama, I hope like hell he doesn't end up at Kentucky.

At Barnes’s second stop he was at the doormat program of the best conference in the NCAA. AND he won a conference tournament there. Then he moved to a program looking up at two of the bluest of blue blood conference members. His start wasn’t a comparable situation to Bama with its wealth of outstanding in state athletes to cherry pick.

Oates apparently does a good job bribing DAs and police departments. Don't take that away from him!

To be fair, the Tournament should really be a best 2 out of 3 instead one and done. We would actually get true champion if it was that way. NBA does it like that. Shrink number of teams but do multiple games.

Or since all the #1s lost an emergency meeting should be called with the refs. Here’s the memo blue bloods all the way adjust your calls to get the narrative right. One Cinderella to the Elite 8 or you’ll never call again in NCAA. CBS is mad this madness has to stop $$$ is in jeopardy here if 2 mid-majors play each other this late. Refs get your act together or else.

Major difference in age there. That’s the difference. Not even remotely the same situation. I’d fire him for just being a scum bag though.

Me too. If nothing else just to irritate the haters. I expect him to retire in 2 to 3 years though.

I wonder if he retires as soon as many think. He’s 68. He seems to be in good health. Rick Pitino just accepted a new job at age 70. If he wanted to coach 5-7 more years, I bet he could. I’m putting the over/under at 5.

In reality, Barnes did a great job this year. This team wasn't very good. We were a lot better last year and flopped against Michigan. The year that Barnes should have made FF was that last year with Grant Williams. Schofield got very inconsistent and it cost us against Purdue and almost against Iowa

Bama loosing definitely takes a little bit of the sting away for me from Thursday night.

In reality, Barnes did a great job this year. This team wasn't very good. We were a lot better last year and flopped against Michigan. The year that Barnes should have made FF was that last year with Grant Williams. Schofield got very inconsistent and it cost us against Purdue and almost against Iowa

Refs killed is at the end of Purdue. And they shot way over their heads.

Never mind losing tonight, Oats should’ve been fired because of the horrendous press conference he delivered after it became public B Miller had brought the gun to the scene of what ended up being the murder of a young mother. It was disgusting.
His interview after game was horrible he couldn't put sentence together....he was thinking Elite 8......

Reactions: brockytop

VN Store

Back