If Weis Is Fired And Urban Goes To South Bend....

He won't leave until Tebow is out. Weis isn't getting fired until after next season anyway. Tebow is graduating after next season. They buyout would be smaller and as the book says, ND is his dream job. I could see it happening.

Tebow is gone, IMO. Weis is too.

Why anybody would want to go from UF to North Bend is beyond me. Times have changed and ND isn't what it used to be.

No way Urban is leaving Gainesville to step right into a mess that is ND.

IMO, a coach would only go to another school if it is a significant upgrade from his current situation. Florida is already a premier coaching job. So, why go from one premier coaching job to another?

Money will not be a factor either for Urban...he already makes $3.5 million.

There is NO WAY Urban goes from quite possibly winning 2 national championships in 4 years and being a hero in Gainesville to South Bend.

No way.

What is there to gain after 2 national titles though - he's reached the pinnacle? Plus its Meyer's dream job... and his daughter is now in college so he wouldn't have to worry about it affecting her as much. Sometimes you just gotta try something new.

I could see it - but I doubt it would happen... but I could see the scenario.

IF and that's a huge if, Urban goes to Notre Dame, Charlie Strong would be UF's next head coach.

urban could have gone there last time around and he picked UF. i very much doubt he regrets that decision.

go to the NFL and make a boatload of money, fail and then return to college football.

No surprise, on ESPN they just said if Charlie Weis is fired, they're going to aggressively pursue Urban Meyer.

ND will make the requisite effort to woo Meyer, if they get rid of Weiss, but Meyer won't leave a job for a job that he turned down to get the job he currenlty has.

I agree, Kelly seems more logical at ND at this point, if Weiss is axed.

VN Store

Back