If we want a chance at Bama....

RoaminVol

Dat Ninja
We gotta abandon the run game just a lil bit and let our receivers eat. JG is gonna have to throw for 400 to beat them. Callaway, Jennings, and Palmer are gonna have to have a game of their lives. Our corners will need to limit big plays and our d lines is gonna need consistent pressure.

We gotta abandon the run game just a lil bit and let our receivers eat. JG is gonna have to throw for 400 to beat them. Callaway, Jennings, and Palmer are gonna have to have a game of their lives. Our corners will need to limit big plays and our d lines is gonna need consistent pressure.
To me it’s not so much the amount of runs, I’m ok with that. It’s the predictability of the runs and how you throw away first down on nearly every series and are always sitting in 2nd and long or 3rd in long.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
To me it’s not so much the amount of runs, I’m ok with that. It’s the predictability of the runs and how you throw away first down on nearly every series and are always sitting in 2nd and long or 3rd in long.
Yea we cant be in second and longs and third and longs against Bama and expect a win.

Even in the passing game we will have to let clock run. While I dont think we will have a shot, shorting the game is our only shot, if our d can make a few plays.

Guess who has two thumbs and has been saying this since WVU? Hint: he is in Murphy.

Need around 50 attempts against Bama. Only runs should be on 2nd and 1 type down/distance. What do you have to lose

We certainly need to utilize the weapons that we have but that running game, whether fruitful or not, keeps the defense honest. It's part of the gameplan and part of the offense.

3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball and turnovers.

Gotta absolutely dominate both of those to keep it close.

Bama is a machine this year. That said, we play the games for a reason. I will be picking Bama in the pick'em but anything can happen. I would like nothing more than see the most shocking upset of the year but that is a tall order.

Lets just say we live in an ulternate reality where we have a shot against Bama. The only way to beat them would be to do what NFL teams do with the Patriots. Keep the offense off the field as much as possible. But I dont see how we can run effectively against Bama.

I’ll enjoy this win today and I think that we can run the tables AFTER Bama if we continue to show up and play, but, this may be Sabans best Bama team and that’s saying something. I don’t think anyone comes close to beating them, to include the playoff and NC game.

VN Store

Back