If we lose to Vandy...

If?🤣🤣🤣 They're going to run us out of Nashville if the hunger games wanna be qb starts.

Cornbread should be fired on the field! But I think he should have already been fired!!

It’s sad but that game is to decide who the doormat of the SEC. This is what we have become. What’s worse is knowing that Fulmer has written off this year and given Pruitt a pass due to COVID.

I was watching the 2018 AU game and you could see a difference in the team. Jennings was the heart and soul of this team. On defense we are missing Bituli’s leadership. To’o To’o is regressing as the season goes on and has not filled Bituli’s shoes as the leader on D. Sadly I don’t see a leader on either side of the ball right now. We need some Alpha’s setting the standard with their play and holding teammates accountable on and off the field.

Pruitt’s problem has always been getting the players to produce results when he is not managing them. COVID is limiting his time with the players and he is not adjusting.

The most UT thing ever would be for JG to return for a sixth year and continue to be tough, gritty, & a practice champion. Then on game day stink up the place. This is nothing new. JG has always put some decent drives together but once we got to the opponent’s 30 we just start taking shots and the drive stalls due to a penalty, a sack, or a turnover. Last night’s game is much different if JG doesn’t throw the pick 6 and we take the FG.

Serious question, is there any chance he gets fired this year? Like are we gonna have to put up with this guy in 2021 even if he goes 2-8?

Serious question, is there any chance he gets fired this year? Like are we gonna have to put up with this guy in 2021 even if he goes 2-8?

Honestly? Not a chance. Fulmer is not going to fire his guy. There is only one way Pruitt would be fired. And that’s if Fulmer were fired.

I posted elsewhere, I think it is a foregone conclusion that Pruitt will be back next season. First, it looks like he will get a pass due to the weird covid season. Also, I don't see the UTAD ponying up 20 million in buyouts plus the millions required to hire a new coach, at the same time it is requiring rank and file AD employees to take pay cuts. Just won't happen. We can only hope that Pruitt can reverse this slide next season. If he can, then he will get more time. But start next season putting this crap on the field and 2021 will be his last as head coach.

It’s sad but that game is to decide who the doormat of the SEC. This is what we have become. What’s worse is knowing that Fulmer has written off this year and given Pruitt a pass due to COVID.

I was watching the 2018 AU game and you could see a difference in the team. Jennings was the heart and soul of this team. On defense we are missing Bituli’s leadership. To’o To’o is regressing as the season goes on and has not filled Bituli’s shoes as the leader on D. Sadly I don’t see a leader on either side of the ball right now. We need some Alpha’s setting the standard with their play and holding teammates accountable on and off the field.

Pruitt’s problem has always been getting the players to produce results when he is not managing them. COVID is limiting his time with the players and he is not adjusting.

The most UT thing ever would be for JG to return for a sixth year and continue to be tough, gritty, & a practice champion. Then on game day stink up the place. This is nothing new. JG has always put some decent drives together but once we got to the opponent’s 30 we just start taking shots and the drive stalls due to a penalty, a sack, or a turnover. Last night’s game is much different if JG doesn’t throw the pick 6 and we take the FG.
If you look at the stats alone, you would assume that UT won the game. Won time of possession. Outgained Auburn by over 100 yards. The problem is the inability to score points, and the catastrophic turnovers. These problems are for the most part directly attributable to QB play. Like others, I do not understand the reluctance to give another QB the reins. This season doesn't count in terms of eligibility. Pruitt should explain his thinking on this.

I think 4-8 next year is more than likely, we pick up Ole Miss, Pitt comes to town, the Missouri game is in Columbia, Bowling Green and South Alabama are buy games, otherwise its the same 6 SEC East crowd and a run to Tuscaloosa, don't see a way to 6-6 next year under likely scenarios.

If you look at the stats alone, you would assume that UT won the game. Won time of possession. Outgained Auburn by over 100 yards. The problem is the inability to score points, and the catastrophic turnovers. These problems are for the most part directly attributable to QB play. Like others, I do not understand the reluctance to give another QB the reins. This season doesn't count in terms of eligibility. Pruitt should explain his thinking on this.

This problem is not new and plagued with us last year as well. Look at the Indiana game last year. We should of won that game going away. However our inability to finish drives with TDs kept them in the game. Driving the length of the field to get a TD or turn over is not going to win in this day and age. We left 6 points on the field by missing 2 FGs and had a 10 point swing at least with the pick six. We were in chip shot field goal range so lost 3 points and gave 7 to Auburn

Our team has a large amount of young talent and is fairly deep across the board.

This is how I know he won't be fired this year. We don't fire coaches until we have about 50 scholarship players left and a solid high school team's level of talent.

Otherwise, we might actually be able to hire a decent coach.

That Vandy and Kentucky are now in question going forward and virtually noone gives them a chance against FL, GA, AL, TXAM anymore says all that needs to be said.

(**exasperated**).......I just for the life of me can't even begin to fathom that JG starts next week......surely there is no way this happens. Pruitt is stubborn, yes, but holy geez man.....make the change.

Aside from the fact that HB looked better and more poised (and Auburn WAS bringing the pressure....wasnt a prevent)......this seasons over. JG is over......move on to your freshman phenom and lets rep him and ride it out. Let's do this.....team looked more energized, ball had zip, and our team got into that rectangled colored portion of the field just past the 1 yard line.
Jg will start.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Our team has a large amount of young talent and is fairly deep across the board.

This is how I know he won't be fired this year. We don't fire coaches until we have about 50 scholarship players left and a solid high school team's level of talent.

Otherwise, we might actually be able to hire a decent coach.
Need to learn from Florida, when the writing is on the wall they pull the trigger... they pulled the plug on Donkey Teeth when he had gone to SEC Championship game 2/3 years (and got his arse handed to him there btw)... we like to wait until everyone has given up and transferred and key position groups are in the crapper....

Nope. Thanks to Phil-o-Potamus slapping an extension on him for NO REASON WHATSOEVER, Beldar isn't going anywhere.

Orange dog, Rommel, shower discipline, opportunity is nowhere, brick by brick, champions of life, trash can, cornbread, put on more steam, Aight..... for the love of God... when do these embarrassments end?
Yep I thought it couldn’t get worse than brick by brick then Pruitt says “Aight hold my beer.”

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Here lies part of the problem. If JG starts these last 3 games, he will return. The only way he enters transfer portal is by losing his starting job this season.
A part of this problem is that we are going to lose the remaining 3 games (at least 2 of them) by such a large margin, JP will not pin the loss on JG, he fires Weinke, Friend, and possibly Ansley.

Orange dog, Rommel, shower discipline, opportunity is nowhere, brick by brick, champions of life, trash can, cornbread, put on more steam, Aight..... for the love of God... when do these embarrassments end?
I would replace "put on more steam" (origially attributed to General Neyland, a true winner) with "5 star hearts" and your point is very well made.

Here lies part of the problem. If JG starts these last 3 games, he will return. The only way he enters transfer portal is by losing his starting job this season.
A part of this problem is that we are going to lose the remaining 3 games (at least 2 of them) by such a large margin, JP will not pin the loss on JG, he fires Weinke, Friend, and possibly Ansley.
Really? JG enter the transfer portal. Why would he waste his time?

VN Store

Back