If we lose to TAMU, would Fulmer be forced to make a decision...

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We have had how many threads covering this exact topic over the last two weeks? Pruitt isn't going anywhere this year, why would losing to a top 5 team be what broke the camel's back anyway?

Reactions: Duckyvol59
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. We have had how many threads covering this exact topic over the last two weeks? Pruitt isn't going anywhere this year, why would losing to a top 5 team be what broke the camel's back anyway?

Because keeping Pruitt for another year, will cause us to lose money.

He’s not magically become a better coach next year.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
The A&M game will have no nearing on this situation. They have already decided which way they are going and unless there is new information CJP will likely be back. Given what we have seen from HB, I think next year will be far better from a W/L and fan perspective.
Sure. Three sure OOC wins, Vandy, USCe, and a couple more... but is that even close to good enough? How long do we accept him getting blown off the field by any team with a pulse?

The guy is bleeding recruits.... and not the lesser ones. His D plays like they've never been on the field together or been coached much of the time. Opposing teams don't need to point to message boards to raid his recruits... just his results and the play of his teams.

You may be right... but it is pretty ridiculous if you are.

Reactions: Spawn
So a game in which. you say is certain to be lopsided isn't worth betting because it's going to be lopsided? Makes total sense.

You seem very interested in what I spend my money on.

Why do you care if someone bets on this game or not?

Stop the coach worshipping and you’ll feel better. Trust me.

FWIW; every day, Fulmer is being forced to make a decision. A decision to keep Pruitt is just as much of a decision as it would be to fire him. There is no escaping his responsibility. Fulmer’s legacy will be impacted by what he decides to do or to not do these next few weeks.

Because keeping Pruitt for another year, will cause us to lose money.

He’s not magically become a better coach next year.

Pruitt has nothing to do with this. You are saying and prognosticating that A&M vs Tennessee will be so lopsided of a game yet you are scared to throw money on it and basically win free money per your logic...... Wild stuff!

You seem very interested in what I spend my money on.

Why do you care if someone bets on this game or not?

Stop the coach worshipping and you’ll feel better. Trust me.

Says the guy throwing out $500 figure but scare to actually make a bet on his prediction.... can't believe you hate free money...

When did acknowledging that the reality of Pruitt will get a year 4 turn into "YOU. ARE WORSHIPPING JEREMY PRUITT"?????

Some folks got derangement here.

Says the guy throwing out $500 figure but scare to actually make a bet on his prediction.... can't believe you hate free money...

You want my prediction?

Texas A&M - 38

Tennessee - 21

Pruitt goes 3-7 for the year.

I’ll make sure to bump this post and tag you in it when it happens.

Sure. Three sure OOC wins, Vandy, USCe, and a couple more... but is that even close to good enough? How long do we accept him getting blown off the field by any team with a pulse?

The guy is bleeding recruits.... and not the lesser ones. His D plays like they've never been on the field together or been coached much of the time. Opposing teams don't need to point to message boards to raid his recruits... just his results and the play of his teams.

I agree, it is ridiculous, but we lose more recruits if his future is in jeopardy. If they were going to fire him and had a replacement we would have done it already. If it's an end of season thing and done we will know as soon as Liberty's season ends.

The one thing that points to CJP being a deadman walking is his apparent apathy. That is the one thing that makes less sense than the rest of this madness. He was pretty fiery then calm as a hindu cow.....

One this is for sure. 2020 stinks and is about as ridiculous a season as we will ever see....Hope you and yours are well, Merry Christmas sjt18 and my VN peeps.

You want my prediction?

Texas A&M - 38

Tennessee - 21

Pruitt goes 3-7 for the year.

I’ll make sure to bump this post and tag you in it when it happens.

Since its such a sure thing to happen, why are you turning down free money? You could help with the buyout situation with that free money. Seems you're not interested in getting rid of Pruitt.....

Since its such a sure thing to happen, why are you turning down free money? You could help with the buyout situation with that free money. Seems you're not interested in getting rid of Pruitt.....

I don’t GAF about betting money on football games.

I’m not going to hand out free money for Fulmer’s stupid mistakes.

He screwed up by giving Pruitt a stupid extension.
Let him deal with this mess.

I agree, it is ridiculous, but we lose more recruits if his future is in jeopardy.
Historically... that's not true. A new coach usually doesn't lose a lot of recruits. The future of the HC job is in jeopardy if Pruitt is kept on. It will not be in jeopardy if he's replaced.

If they were going to fire him and had a replacement we would have done it already. If it's an end of season thing and done we will know as soon as Liberty's season ends.
I disagree it would have already been done. If it is a possibility then they should be trying to find the right guy and get an agreement right now.

The one thing that points to CJP being a deadman walking is his apparent apathy. That is the one thing that makes less sense than the rest of this madness. He was pretty fiery then calm as a hindu cow.....
Could be. But situations like this one can wear a guy down.

My frustration with him is on two points. One, his D downright sucks. He was supposed to be a defensive guru and they're awful. The other is his awful strategy on QB's. I doubt there are more than a handful of D-1 coaches who would not have benched JG from the start and played for the future. But I can buy the reasoning for him sticking with JG in the beginning.... but not continuing to do so.

One this is for sure. 2020 stinks and is about as ridiculous a season as we will ever see....Hope you and yours are well, Merry Christmas sjt18 and my VN peeps.
Agreed and God bless you and yours.

Reactions: GoVols64
Historically... that's not true. A new coach usually doesn't lose a lot of recruits. The future of the HC job is in jeopardy if Pruitt is kept on. It will not be in jeopardy if he's replaced.

I disagree it would have already been done. If it is a possibility then they should be trying to find the right guy and get an agreement right now.

Could be. But situations like this one can wear a guy down.

My frustration with him is on two points. One, his D downright sucks. He was supposed to be a defensive guru and they're awful. The other is his awful strategy on QB's. I doubt there are more than a handful of D-1 coaches who would not have benched JG from the start and played for the future. But I can buy the reasoning for him sticking with JG in the beginning.... but not continuing to do so.

Agreed and God bless you and yours.

Fair points. You've changed my mind on the firing timing and agree/hope we have next guy inked before an announcement. Could be we simply can't announce anything before end of our or someone else's season.

Can't argue the QB management in any way. The D is the biggest surprise. We simply could not defend some simple things. Whether it is banks or DBs CJPs strength turned to a glaring weakness this year. Feel like the players are better than they are playing but perhaps I'm wrong and they go rogue on the field.

Reactions: sjt18

With Jeremy Putrid, no OOC game is a sure win, see GSU and BYU.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Does another loss mean anything any more or is Pruitt secure until next year? I am thinking Fulmer had to have an inside track on these recent firings. He is under more pressure now. What's the upside to waiting until next year? What's the downside?

Your title says "if Tennessee loses" as if there's really a question about it? It should read "When Tennessee loses to TAMU"

Does another loss mean anything any more or is Pruitt secure until next year? I am thinking Fulmer had to have an inside track on these recent firings. He is under more pressure now. What's the upside to waiting until next year? What's the downside?
you'll have a bigger decision to what your having for breakfast,lunch, and supper than to think they'll fire Pruitt!!! honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's not here 2more years.

VN Store

Back