IF* We Can Get Through Georgia...

What makes you think this team can win any road game against a non top 10 team?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I remember when the Vols were 7-0 somebody (I don't remember who) posting that the Vols could realistically be 22-0. This is such a difficult team to watch I can only hope you're right.

We won't win any game easily this season.

Auburn has a team reminiscent of the Wade Houston era at UT. IIRC they scored only 6 points in the entire first half against LSU. If we can't win that game comfortably, God help us.

Auburn has a team reminiscent of the Wade Houston era at UT. IIRC they scored only 6 points in the entire first half against LSU. If we can't win that game comfortably, God help us.

:pepper:woo hoo :pepper: a positive post ...er well... kinda:ill_h4h:

tompkins will be a load for brian to handle. fields, i guess will start and try to handle him, but---. if we do well with that, we stand a pretty good chance of winning. i' ll tell you though, tompkins is a load !!!

The schedule does get a lot more favorable after Georgia. They can beat Georgia if the team from the second half of the Vandy game shows up. You just don't know what you'll get with this bunch from game to game though.

I'll be happy if Jones manages 5 wins with this team......

If we play like anything resembling the first of Vandy against UGA, the game will be over at the half.

While I understand your logic to a degree... What makes UGA more dangerous than Vandy? Other than being on the road of course...

BTW, Does UGA still have to put cardboard cutouts in the seats to make it look like they have fans?

That list actually makes me think the team will go 0-4 through that streach because none of the teams are good. The better the team, the better TN plays.

TN will probably beat a Ranked UCONN at thier place, then come home and lose to a bad LSU team.

if we dont play down we could def go 6-2 but its just so hard to tell which team will show up

Don't think we will beat UGA, but I do think we will beat UCONN and probably win the other 4 games under T. Jones. Ole Miss and Auburn are both 0-3 in the SEC and those games will be must wins to make up for the Arkansas and UF losses. We have much better talent than those teams (Ole Miss and AU) and have Bama and LSU at home.

We are playing UCONN at the right time, they are coming off very close and tough games against Texas and Nova. They will probably be a bit cocky, much like Nova and Pittsburgh. I think we will be very pumped with Pearl coming back and Tobias Harris and Scotty Hopson are going to cause them major matchup problems. Hopefully Pearl will incorporate Texas' gameplan in regards to shutting down K. Walker and we should be able to beat them in Hartford.

Don't think we will beat UGA, but I do think we will beat UCONN and probably win the other 4 games under T. Jones. Ole Miss and Auburn are both 0-3 in the SEC and those games will be must wins to make up for the Arkansas and UF losses. We have much better talent than those teams (Ole Miss and AU) and have Bama and LSU at home.

We are playing UCONN at the right time, they are coming off very close and tough games against Texas and Nova. They will probably be a bit cocky, much like Nova and Pittsburgh. I think we will be very pumped with Pearl coming back and Tobias Harris and Scotty Hopson are going to cause them major matchup problems. Hopefully Pearl will incorporate Texas' gameplan in regards to shutting down K. Walker and we should be able to beat them in Hartford.[/QUOTe

UCONN will not overlook us. they know what type of team it takes to beat PITT and Nova. We will have their attention. Not to mention wit the name Tennessee on our chest will ring true to their fans. I am guessing there will be some signs in the stands dawging Pat Summitt for not playing UCONN but Bruce making it happen.

Uconn has the type of guards that have been eating Tennessee alive lately. They better pack the defense for that game or it won't turn out like Pitt or Nova.

That list actually makes me think the team will go 0-4 through that streach because none of the teams are good. The better the team, the better TN plays.

TN will probably beat a Ranked UCONN at thier place, then come home and lose to a bad LSU team.

if LSU at 2-1 in conference play .. and 10-8 is considered a bad team... then we can't be too far behind them at 1-2 and 11-6

While I understand your logic to a degree... What makes UGA more dangerous than Vandy? Other than being on the road of course...

BTW, Does UGA still have to put cardboard cutouts in the seats to make it look like they have fans?

The three years I've been, it seems like more people have shown up each year. they had a pretty good turnout last year, but a dawg told me it was only like that for the big games.

Originally Posted by DaDuRkEr

I think GA's coach is one of the best in the SEC. When they hired him I instantly became worried about the GA game every year. Playing there will be a very difficult game. A win there is as good as it gets on the road for us in this year's SEC. I am hoping for a win, but not too confident. I said early on if we go 5-3 with TJ, that's a win for us. Hopefully we can get there, but the FL loss at home really hurt. Gotta have those home wins.

VN Store

Back