If UT had to give up a tradition, which one?

I'd get rid of the tradion of small/petite cute flat chested gymnast-like cheerleaders.

We should go the NFL route and crank it up a few notches on the sidelines !!! Less flips and more blimps!!

Sorta kinda like this...

302ef27733b898394032c8c0a4912daf.jpg

Wait! Is my wife going to see this post????

Ut oh.....gotta go!!!

Last edited:
Tennessee gave up its pregame balloon release something like 30+ years ago. Does that count?

K-9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.
Hot take, but if I had to pick an actual tradition to get rid of it would be the Vol Walk. Tennessee is by no means the only school or one of a handful of schools to do it, and Tennessee wasn't the first to do it. That, combined with the fact that I've been to a few and have always thought of it as a "I could take it or leave it" kind of activity

The school colors, the Volunteers name, Smokey, Rocky Top, or Running through the T, are untouchable.

I vote we don't give up anything and that Nebraska sucks it up and doesn't give up on the red balloons.
Seems very weak, woke and ESPN-ish of them to do that.
Heck, add a few white balloons in there with the red ones.
I'm sure we won't be looking for tOSU to give up anything RED.

Do Blue and Yellow as a separate release in support of Ukraine.

Already gave up the walking horse and flipped sidelines for a while. Been a whipping boy in this conference for way too long. Not in a giving mood or down for making sacrifices anymore. More inclined to start taking back in this conference.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I vote we don't give up anything and that Nebraska sucks it up and doesn't give up on the red balloons.
Seems very weak, woke and ESPN-ish of them to do that.
Heck, add a few white balloons in there with the red ones.
I'm sure we won't be looking for tOSU to give up anything RED.

Do Blue and Yellow as a separate release in support of Ukraine.
🙄

Big scandal about the way some of them were trained and it being inhumane as it is not a natural gait for a horse and some took a short cut to achieve it. You can google walking horse scandal.

Don't they still do it for homecoming? If they use them on homecoming without much/any blowback, they're not going to get much blowback any other time of the season. Besides, hasn't this already been addressed on here multiple times? Wasn't it confirmed that the outfit that breeds the walking horses in which the university uses on homecoming does not use inhumane training tactics? So what are we talking about here? I don't think we should give this tradition up just because a few kooks might protest outside of Neyland despite the realities of this.

Well, we don’t have to hear “Turn down for what”’anymore.
Due to the fact that I love all of the aforementioned traditions, that one is getting my vote for banishment

Someone fill me in on what all of the "Traditions" are:
Vol Walk
Running through the T
Playing Rocky Top after every score
Checker Neyland?
Pushups by the cheerleaders after every score. (I could give this one up)
Smokey at the games
tailgating before/after games
scoring 30+ points against FL and still losing
What else are traditions??????

Edit: is "Woo" a Tradition? I know it has been done for over 10 years.
Actually we play Down the Field after every score. Rocky Top comes in after the extra point

VN Store

Back