If this doesn’t give you chills you better check your pulse

Only #9 on ESPN‘s Top Ten tonight. Nice to see TN getting some positive press, but a walk-off grand slam should have been higher on the list. The play was behind a couple of other college baseball plays, a lacrosse goal and a college softball tag out at the plate (#1 play) among others.
Well everyone knows that ESPN hates us.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This play has only happened 30 times in MLB history I believe. I don't know about college ball, but that still shows you how rare of a thing that was. Truly magical. Will go down as one of the best moments in UT sports history.
Yeah and I think that’s the 3rd time the Vols have done it this season if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: SmokinBob

I have argued that a coach can recruit TN football based on the atmosphere alone. Look at the pre-season #1 baseball team in Gainsville today with their sparse crowd and the lackluster team that fell 19-1 to South Alabama. Now watch the TN clip. Where where you rather be?

LOL! Their 1st baseman didn’t even turn around. He just started walking as soon the ball was hit.

Yeah and I think that’s the 3rd time the Vols have done it this season if I’m not mistaken.

I'm referencing the elusive down by there, bottom of the 9th with two outs, grand slam walk off. Walks offs in general though, yes which are great themselves.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Only #9 on ESPN‘s Top Ten tonight. Nice to see TN getting some positive press, but a walk-off grand slam should have been higher on the list. The play was behind a couple of other college baseball plays, a lacrosse goal and a college softball tag out at the plate (#1 play) among others.

I thought the same thing, its BS.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Wilkerson has to be a good Christian man. I think I would have been dropping some serious curse words of disbelief. Absolutely incredible play.

VN Store

Back