"If Tennessee earns a spot in the Playoff, it would be one of the most remarkable turnarounds in the history of college football."

I’m thinking we move ahead of TCU soon, whether they win or lose. Then we move ahead of the OSU/Michigan loser … we’re set up well as long as we win big the next 2 games.

I’m thinking we move ahead of TCU soon, whether they win or lose. Then we move ahead of the OSU/Michigan loser … we’re set up well as long as we win big the next 2 games.

We need the good guys to move into 3rd place. #1 vs #4 and #2 vs. #3.....then we get UGA in reverse rank with #1 vs. #3.

USC or TCU have to lose or we’re out. The committee would rather have 2 SEC teams than 2 Big Ten teams so the Michigan/OSU game doesn’t worry me
Saying it over and over again as if it's a fact doesn't make it true. There's a reason why the committee has USC ranked behind a 2-loss SEC team. The SEC has established dominance over the PAC 12. Oregon, Utah, and Arizona had opportunities to earn respect for the PAC 12 earlier this year and they all were handed losses by the SEC. It doesn't matter if USC runs the table against the 2- and 3-loss teams remaining on their schedule. Nobody in their right mind thinks USC is better than Tennessee, and a conference championship isn't enough to put them ahead of Tennessee. They would need at least one BIG win to move ahead of us and the opportunity just isn't there. Remember, the committee had us #1 in the first playoff ranking. They've already shown that they respect what we've accomplished.

USC or TCU have to lose or we’re out. The committee would rather have 2 SEC teams than 2 Big Ten teams so the Michigan/OSU game doesn’t worry me
USC’s loss is worse than ours and their wins wouldn’t be as good as ours (Oregon or Utah and UCLA vs Bama and LSU). A conference championship isn’t enough to overcome both of those issues.

Wouldn’t bet my house on it but it would be fun to get another shot at them. I’m not bashful to give somebody credit when due. They are a really good football team with few weaknesses.
Kirby showed his hand to early next time it will be like the bama game

Reactions: bpalmer28
Who thought, after getting drubbed at home by the Vols, that LSU would win the West? Tough to decide which one is more impressive, but I’ll take TN.. but it’s close.

As long as Oregon and Utah win out USC isn’t playing for a conference title so it won’t really matter.
EDIT: I lied. I see how they can get in now.

We are not supposed to be here. As I said before, we are scooping our biscuits in gravy right now. But I would like to have the chance to ruin Georgia’s season at the end. I think on a neutral field Tennessee is the only team in the country that can do it.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better turnaround from one season to the next. LSU was a good story, but I don't think it compares to the extreme that TN has done it.

Here's the scary part, I think it's sustainable.....CJH has a great stable of QBs on paper, and Milton. My strong suggestion to him is the Defense. A serious jump in defense next year or after....game on.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better turnaround from one season to the next. LSU was a good story, but I don't think it compares to the extreme that TN has done it.

Here's the scary part, I think it's sustainable.....CJH has a great stable of QBs on paper, and Milton. My strong suggestion to him is the Defense. A serious jump in defense next year or after....game on.
I believe lsu was picked 5th in the west, we were picked 3rd in east

They won the west, we finished 2nd in the east.....

I think bk turned a team around better, but cjh turned a program around better

Reactions: nomads-11

I think you’ll see a respectable step forward for the defense next year, followed by a significant jump in ‘24, when Josephs, Pearce, and West will be juniors and the class of dbs coming in next year have a season under their belt.

I believe lsu was picked 5th in the west, we were picked 3rd in east

They won the west, we finished 2nd in the east.....

I think bk turned a team around better, but cjh turned a program around better

Yes....I like your point, he turned around the TEAM this year.....I do think he deserves kudos for that. But I'll take turning a program around like CJH. If so it means he's competing every year....not year to year. Kelly still has a lot to prove.

Last edited:
I consider the late TD payback for the deliberately lazy defensive substitution by Mizzou that cost us 5 for a delay of game

In fairness there was every reason for them to do that and no reason for them not to do that. It was a late substitution on our part and an error by our coaching staff.

VN Store

Back