If someone had told me.....

I think when they rematch next year Tenn wins by 3 scores

Well their QB Will gone unless he gets his 8th year. I guess since his biggest fan is Peyton Manning he may get another year. All kidding aside he was the difference in the game. Also they were more disciplined. 44yards of penalties to our 150 yards in penalties. We had field position the 1st quarter, then they had it rest of game and scored 27 in 2nd quarter. Game changer. We should have been up 28 to nothing after 1st. TD passes left on the field.

Before the season, many people (including me) said the Pitt game was the most important early game. And it was.

But not because it was a loss -- because it showed the defense had improved, it showed that the offense was beginning to catch on to Heupel's offense, and because the team did NOT quit, even after early adversity.

Significant injuries, a replacement quarterback -- and still the team came within one TD of tying the game.

Others may be discouraged; frankly, I am encouraged. Not a "moral victory" -- but definitely makes me feel better about the team going forward.
I am no longer freaked out about this season last years team would have let that get ugly. I saw the guys in orange appearing to have fun for the first time in a while

Then go become a Bama fan where they celebrate immoral victories pal. We are trying to crawl out of a **** hole left by former administrators that was threatening to put us behind Vandy. So go change your team if you can't get real
Bless your heart

That we could go into a game without Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans, then lose Jaylin Hyatt in the 1st quarter, then give up 27 points in the 2nd quarter, then have Jabari Small and Joe Milton knocked out in the first half, have 150 yards in penalties and lose the turnover battle 3-0, have a touchdown called back on special teams, but still have a chance late in the 4th and only lose by 7.... I would have said they were crazy. And yet, that is what happened today. We didn't deserve to win because we beat ourselves in too many facets of the game, BUT they showed fight under immense adversity and that's something to build on going forward. I hate losing, but hopefully this game helps them win 2-3 other toss-up type match ups this season.

You might get banned for being positive, with that said I totally agree with you on all points.

No moral victory. We took an L today. I wanted to see fight out of these kids when things went wrong, and I saw it today.

I want to see these kids fight and win. I did not see a win today. Not sure why the QB was in the shotgun on 4th and 1 at the goal line instead of under center. Kids need help from the head coach to be in the best position to win.

No moral victory. We took an L today. I wanted to see fight out of these kids when things went wrong, and I saw it today.
It's the same song and dance after *enter coach name* as well. The only thing that matters in the long run is Wins and Losses.

Dont make excuses for them. We should have won this. Could not score in RedZone as usual. Quarterback over throwing wide open receivers. Penalties negating touchdowns and etc. absolutely pathetic for Tennessee to lose to Pittsburg. Just like losing to byu or Georgia state. Tennessee isn’t back and there is no ETA if ever when we will be. Coach after coach after coach.

That we could go into a game without Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans, then lose Jaylin Hyatt in the 1st quarter, then give up 27 points in the 2nd quarter, then have Jabari Small and Joe Milton knocked out in the first half, have 150 yards in penalties and lose the turnover battle 3-0, have a touchdown called back on special teams, but still have a chance late in the 4th and only lose by 7.... I would have said they were crazy. And yet, that is what happened today. We didn't deserve to win because we beat ourselves in too many facets of the game, BUT they showed fight under immense adversity and that's something to build on going forward. I hate losing, but hopefully this game helps them win 2-3 other toss-up type match ups this season.

Far be it for me to be the hopeful type, however, this loss was no surprise to me. With the offseason circus that went on this year, I expected this game to be a loss. I was not able to watch today, had other stuff I had to do at the time. But based on the recap you provided? Hard to win with all those negatives. Of course, I am sure plenty of folks on here are picking apart what they see as a way to pull the game out despite all that had they been on the sidelines or up in the booth calling plays.

I need to actually tune into the replay to see if I agree with you or not. But going sight unseen with only your conclusions, I am glad the score came out the way it did. Should be interesting to see how the team adjusts this week.

The world is black and white for you I see. This program will not be restored in a flash of glory pal.....it will have to show some growing pains.
I guess it has turned black and white for me; I’ve grown impatient of being patient. There is no excuse for 150 yards in penalties. No excuse for picking a quarterback that can knock a hole in a wall with his throws, but can’t even hit the wall. I’ve not given up on the coach, but I certainly do see trouble signs in the performance. When the best thing that happens is that your starting quarterback gets knocked out of the game, it is frustrating. This year is going to be tough as will next year. This program has a long way to go in my opinion, and this NIL could not have come at a worse time for us. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I guess it has turned black and white for me; I’ve grown impatient of being patient. There is no excuse for 150 yards in penalties. No excuse for picking a quarterback that can knock of hole in a wall with his throws, but can’t even hit the wall. I’ve not given up on the coach, but I certainly do see trouble signs in the performance. When the best thing that happens is that your starting quarterback gets knocked out of the game, it is frustrating. This year is going to be tough as will next year. This program has a long way to go and in my opinion, and this NIL could not have come at a worse time for us. Just my opinion.
That is true. IT is tough being a Vol fan. If it gets too hard, one can always leave. Believe me, I've seen a few pals do so.

Great post, and I agree with everything you said. I saw some really good things today along with the bad. A lot of inconsistency in rhythm with the offense and defense, but they never quit! You can add Byron Young as an MIA today as well. It was good to see Hendon Hooker breath life into the team and the fans today! We were close to pulling a win, but had a few too many missed opportunities. Pleased with a lot we did. We need to just keep working!

I just hope the SEC gauntlet doesn’t kill that fight. We get Florida to start with.

Reactions: Evergrenevol

They showed that they are undisciplined, poorly coached and soft. That’s all this team showed today.

VN Store

Back