If season.. So opening up with Florida.. Win?

JG is our best chance to win.

So if the line blocks we can beat them with good defensive play and no turnovers we be aight.

If the line is not blocking don't let Bailey take the beatings that JG had to take in the last 3 years.
JG best chance to win? Do you have the privilege to see the practices and compare Qb’s.

Millennials: a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
Millennials were born between 1981 - 1996 making the youngest Millennial 24 in 2020.

I agree we should blame the fall of college sports on all the 24 - 39 year old college football players.
I reject the millennial label. Millennials were born after 1982.

Reactions: 08Vol
The PAC 12 are going to kill the season. 400 players refusing to play unless all their Woke demands are met, and they are going to get other conferences involved with their "crusade". College sports may not survive the millenial generation.

Millennials are currently in their late 20s to mid 30s. Don’t see what they have to do with it.

JG best chance to win? Do you have the privilege to see the practices and compare Qb’s.

Just because he's our best option imo doesn't mean he can't also play like garbage and lose the game.

It may not hurt things to play DUAL QBs. I don't want Bailey to get squashed in a season opener in the swamp. Not a good way to start a career

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
If Florida comes to Knoxville, wins by 30 + and JG contributes to it with 4 + turnovers, we will probably see an immediate change. Pruitt doesn't have the luxury anymore as he did in years 1 and 2.

Reactions: Remy
Doesn’t matter who we have at QB. We will lose to UF.

Until UT actually wins one against UF, I would have to agree. I won't believe it until I see it. I've lived through too many seasons where the Vols were supposed to win and found a way to give it up.

The first qualification is being good enough to receive an offer, nice try tho
No. You have to be willing to take the offer first... and make good on the terms.

Who is "good enough" can only come out of the subset of "those willing to sign and play".

FWIW, A LOT of these guys could decide not to play before fans would notice a drop in the quality of play. The "game" might even get better.

North Dakota State doesn't have the raw "talent" of an SEC team... but they play a great brand of football and are very entertaining. You can throw Northwest Missouri in that category too.

If guys value their "political statements" over football then I'm OK with that. Both sides should move on.

Last edited:
Never seen a player with so much love for UT get bashed like JG. I really don't see why he has stayed with us. I would be gone! It's rather sad..............:confused:
There are a lot of things to like and respect about him.

He's tough. He's stuck it out when it would have been much easier to transfer and get a new start. He's improved in a lot of areas. He improved pretty dramatically over the course of last season in management of the run game. He improved on his use of the middle of the field on long developing plays. He has a nice arm. He is accurate in terms of hitting a stationary target but struggles to anticipate (lead) throws consistently.

I am a frequent critic but only because I believe he has fatal flaws that prevent him from being the QB UT needs to compete in the top tier.

Honestly, there has never been a UT QB that deserved success any more than he does. He's worked hard and put up with a ton of crap.... but none of that sympathy changes what appear to be fatal flaws in his game.

Actually most of his TD passes have come in the RZ. I was surprised too. He was better in 2018 than 2019. Last fall his overall completion % was 59.2%. His RZ completion rate was 41.2%.

UT was 10th overall in RZ scoring but had the highest percentage of FG's to TD's. Some blame that on the OL but a DC's job becomes a lot easier when he knows the opposing QB doesn't anticipate open receivers or hurt you with quick reads/throws. You can play run first and still have time to react in coverage.

Or maybe 4.4 guys know they only got 20 yds to cover 4.7 guys

No. You have to be willing to take the offer first... and make good on the terms.

Who is "good enough" can only come out of the subset of "those willing to sign and play".

FWIW, A LOT of these guys could decide not to play before fans would notice a drop in the quality of play. The "game" might even get better.

North Dakota State doesn't have the raw "talent" of an SEC team... but they play a great brand of football and are very entertaining. You can throw Northwest Missouri in that category too.

If guys value their "political statements" over football then I'm OK with that. Both sides should move on.
Why the hell would they offer you if they didn't deem you good enough ?! That's makes absolutely no sense.

Why the hell would they offer you if they didn't deem you good enough ?! That's makes absolutely no sense.
You can't be that dense. Come on guy.

If there was a job opening at a local factory. The first requirement to get the job... is to be willing to apply and accept the terms of employment. From THAT POOL... mgt tries to hire the most qualified person. That person may or may not be THE most qualified person in the local population. Get it now?

There are plenty of "good players" to take those scholarships if a ridiculous false political narrative is more important to some of these guys than a free education plus the perks of being a former UT athlete. Their experiences are NOT the equivalent of "oppression". The opportunities available to athletes who take advantage are the EPITOME of "privilege". Alumni and boosters stand in line to hire them.

College baseball thrives and is a great "game" in spite of a large number of the best HS seniors going minor leagues instead.

There will NEVER be a shortage of guys willing to take the places of these "protesters".

Reactions: Remy and DuckinVol
Or maybe 4.4 guys know they only got 20 yds to cover 4.7 guys
Do you know how little difference a player's 40 time makes inside the 20? Route running and size are MUCH bigger factors.

But by all means... go to whatever extreme necessary to deny the obvious.

Apparently the NFL didn't think those two guys would be a liability in the RZ.

Do you know how little difference a player's 40 time makes inside the 20? Route running and size are MUCH bigger factors.

But by all means... go to whatever extreme necessary to deny the obvious.

Apparently the NFL didn't think those two guys would be a liability in the RZ.

I just started watching ball last year. I'll pay close attention to your posts from now on and try to pick up on some things.

If UF is open date, I wouldn’t throw him to the wolves, but I’d increase Bailey’s PT each week and have him start the 2nd half since they aren’t even sure of postseason play.

You can't be that dense. Come on guy.

If there was a job opening at a local factory. The first requirement to get the job... is to be willing to apply and accept the terms of employment. From THAT POOL... mgt tries to hire the most qualified person. That person may or may not be THE most qualified person in the local population. Get it now?

There are plenty of "good players" to take those scholarships if a ridiculous false political narrative is more important to some of these guys than a free education plus the perks of being a former UT athlete. Their experiences are NOT the equivalent of "oppression". The opportunities available to athletes who take advantage are the EPITOME of "privilege". Alumni and boosters stand in line to hire them.

College baseball thrives and is a great "game" in spite of a large number of the best HS seniors going minor leagues instead.

There will NEVER be a shortage of guys willing to take the places of these "protesters".
That is the most idioc analogy. This isn't factory work. Out of the tens of thousands of kids who play high school football how many are offered a d1 scholarship, much less a power five offer ?! So logic would dictate you have to be the most skilled. So no, joe walk on isn't replacing anyone unless he has the requisite skill to do so.

VN Store

Back