If Scotty Hopson and Brian Williams

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
play tough, aggressive basketball, along with the freshman improving, this team can be a very, very dangerous team come March. Big ups to Scotty Hopson. Yes, he made a couple bad plays, but he took the ball to the rim and 11 boards? That is something a leader does. Your shot ain't falling, so you take the ball to the rim and get to the line, and you help attack the boards. Other than his 5th foul, I also thought he played well defensively.

Brian really showed toughness. He had a size advantage and took it. That is what senior post men do. Take control of the game with boards and interior defense.

Good win tonight Vols. Let's finish it with a trophy. :hi:

agree. BW played better in second half. He has to be a leader (confident and strong) on the inside the entire time he is in there and not take any time off. Scotty has to bring it every time and I will believe but dang he sure looks the role.

I think we have a good team, they are playing very hard defensively. Cam Tatum needs to continue to take a lot more responsibility as well because he is very talented and everytime we have a bad situation come up in the future it should not fall directly on Scotty Hopson's shoulders. Scotty understands he is now the leader of this team and I expect he will continue to be aggressive and make smart decisions and Cam should have the same expectations as well.

play tough, aggressive basketball, along with the freshman improving, this team can be a very, very dangerous team come March. Big ups to Scotty Hopson. Yes, he made a couple bad plays, but he took the ball to the rim and 11 boards? That is something a leader does. Your shot ain't falling, so you take the ball to the rim and get to the line, and you help attack the boards. Other than his 5th foul, I also thought he played well defensively.

Brian really showed toughness. He had a size advantage and took it. That is what senior post men do. Take control of the game with boards and interior defense.

Good win tonight Vols. Let's finish it with a trophy. :hi:

By the freshman, are you referring to Toby Harris? He's doing pretty well so far, but I'd like to see him get his scoring average up a little.

By the freshman, are you referring to Toby Harris? He's doing pretty well so far, but I'd like to see him get his scoring average up a little.

Just forgot to put an "e" :loco:

I had to listen to the radio broadcast of the game so didn't get to see it, but it sounded as though the coaches lit into Brian and the post players at half time due to VCU having 13 offensive rebounds. In the 2nd half, VCU ended up with only 2 and Brian was very physical underneath. Good job Brian and Scotty, and kudos to the coaches for seemingly lighting a fire under Brian at halftime.

VN Store

Back