If I'm Pearl after this game

That's not what I meant but I'm fairly certain you know that. I really don't have much of a desire this morning to continue this silliness though. I wasted too much of my life on it last night.

You make wrong assertions and then try to back them up with wasting your time.

That's cool.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think you're overanalyzing. Not a great effort tonight by any means but it's just 1 game in a long season. They've had plenty of nights where they've given great effort. ALL (well almost) all teams have games like this during a long season. It happens, then you move on.
Posters on here want there to be something "wrong" and want to "change" things and hang someone after a loss like this. It's all knee-jerk and unecessary.

Vandy just came off a game like this against Bama. It happens. We'll get over it, although it would help if lwe had some legit shooters.:shakehead:

if i were pearl i would make out guards do nothing but practice their shooting, and the bigs do nothing but rebound. 2 things that are killing us

Thank God somebody mentioned how Wheezy gets called for fouling if he breathes on somebody. The other team may decapitate him, but the refs are just letting them play.:mf_surrender:

Hopson is a major BUST! He shoots airballs from within 15ft and was 4/14 last night. He has a "quick first step" but cannot shot worth a crap when defended.

look at the box scores on Hopson......when we play better competetion he has 4/15 (vandy) and 5/14 (florida) type nights. When we play Charlotte or Bama he increases his average.

look at the box scores on Hopson......when we play better competetion he has 4/15 (vandy) and 5/14 (florida) type nights. When we play Charlotte or Bama he increases his average.

I don't know how your conclusion follows from this analysis.

if i'm pearl i take a look at this tape and say hey we dont run an offense and our free throw shooting sucks...thats a direct reflection of my coaching

The disparity in the number of fouls does make one wonder. Vandy made 24 points more on free throws than UT. The score was a difference was 29. They shoot 86% and we shoot 62%. Now if we could shoot free throws as well as Vandy, the game would at least be close enough to give us a chance to win.

We have amazing "long athletes" according to the TV guys. But if you don't have the ability to execute a critical skill like making the lowly foul shot, you will lose against average teams who can. Our guys had much rather make ESPN highlight passes, dunks and behind the back dribbles than improve their skills on mundane, but critical areas such as the bland vanilla free throw. You don't get on the highlight reel with free throws, but you can win when you make them. When will they ever learn?????

Last edited:
if i'm pearl i take a look at this tape and say hey we dont run an offense and our free throw shooting sucks...thats a direct reflection of my coaching

Kind of makes you wonder what the hell it is they do in practice.

Many are missing half the game- The Flex Offense requires movement off the ball. When our offense is clicking, there is movement by everyone. When it isn't, people say the PG didn't play well enough. Heck- when you have only one guy moving on offense (ie PG) then the team can do like Hopson and just watch the ball handler to wait for an opportunity to help on defense.
Watch when we played Kansas- everyone was moving- back door cuts were open- Kansas's defense could not help each other out as much because they were worried about where their man was going. IMO- its the same laziness that hit the Lady Vols last year- when their offense is clicking, everyone on offense is working. When it's not- they blame PG play instead of the lazy off ball movements.
Shoot- it also gives the other team time to rest so they are fresh for offensive sets. That effectively takes away our bench.
AAAUUGHGGH- even with walkons we have so much talent we could do so much more- but the constant focus on defense is missing the elephant in the room.

Yes, which means their best conference win is an overtime home win against a team that lost on their own court to Arkansas...

...and beat K State on a neutral court, which is what all the courts are in the NCAA tourney.

I make a statement about our poor rebounding, not valuing the ball, poor shot selection, and then I answer every single question asked with "we have to figure out how to get to the FT line thirty ___ or forty ___ times like Vandy (whichever it ends up being)." And I'd talk about that all week. Doug Sirmons is a POS no matter where we play a game -- at Vandy he acts like he's Stalling's b!tch.

Pearl can coach his players to fix their problems. Public statements aren't going to help with that. But if he doesn't start publicly embarassing the SEC regarding the way KY and Vandy get to play 8 players every time you face them at home, we will have to deal with it every year for the forseeable future.

I was happy that he got a "T" tonight. He better get one early Saturday night or KY will be shooting 40+ FTs.

And before all the weak-minded start apologizing for the officials by pointing out UT's serious problems as a team, this isn't a "ignore our problems as a team" post. Try to focus on the point.

You work on your team's problems starting with your talk to them in the locker room and at practice tomorrow.

But this is a big game at this level and it is about time Pearl learns something from Spurrier. FL got a national title under Spurrier in large part by what he had to say after his QB got hit late in their regular season final game against FSU.
Why would Pearl stress getting to the foul line? That has been our biggest weakness ever since he has been here, lol.

You throw out the playbook if they have one and install one play for the rest of the season.

Pass the ball to CHISM in the paint

No one else shoots the ball from beyond the 3 point arch period. Every game that we start jacking up 3's we lose. You tell Hopson that he is to shoot 15 shots every game or he will be sitting on the bench. This standing around and only taking 4 shots is pathetic.

VN Store

Back