If Hooker's injury is serious

Milton lacks control and awareness. Those are hard to coach into a player. He had a decent throw, but picked a receiver in triple coverage. He’s just not able to play at a high enough level. Bailey can’t run the offense fast enough. So, Hooker has to be okay. He’s the only option.
They were in a prevent defense… That means every receiver was covered.

Come on man, we're just realsists......

I know he’s a step down from Hooker. But maybe this staff can game plan around that… if we’re being real though: it’s not like any of us have next week circled as a win. You can argue “but Hooker and a healthy o line would give us a chance” and I’d have to say “maybe but… it’s Bama.” I hate them. You hate them. Probably 90% of college football fans hate them. But they’re Bama.

Milton's pass was good, Tillman just wasn't in position to get good elevation. However the last play of the game? That gets you a short leash or the bench. What he did, you literally can not do at this level.

Come on man, we're just realsists......

I know he’s a step down from Hooker. But maybe this staff can game plan around that… if we’re being real though: it’s not like any of us have next week circled as a win. You can argue “but Hooker and a healthy o line would give us a chance” and I’d have to say “maybe but… it’s Bama.” I hate them. You hate them. Probably 90% of college football fans hate them. But they’re Bama.

I would disagree. This might be what Milton needs to figure it out. He gets all the 1 snaps, all the focus all the support and can start just playing and enjoying the game instead of worrying about who is behind him and over thinking. Milton has the NFL arm and ability. He lacks the confidence and composure.
HAHAHA-No-Ha-Ha-Meme.jpg

Bailey is better than Milton . Milton means no bowl

Bailey can make the throws and has better decision making yes. But he is not better in this up tempo offense where the line can collapse as soon as the ball gets snapped.

Bailey is not mobile. And you need to be mobile in Heupel's offense for his offense to work.

Bailey ain't going to fake the hand off and keep it and run 10 yards or more.

It is what it is. Milton can't hit a receiver past 10 yards. So we're screwed either way.

Pick your poison guys. The second half of the season is going to be a drag.

We beat Bowling green with Milton I’m pretty sure we can beat South Alabama and Vandy with him to get bowl eligible. No chance in hell we beat Kentucky, Bama and Georgia with him though

Reactions: peerless98
Milton's pass was good, Tillman just wasn't in position to get good elevation. However the last play of the game? That gets you a short leash or the bench. What he did, you literally can not do at this level.

Agree. The pass was better than ppl are giving credit though obviously not the game tying TD we all hoped. The last play was a huge dud but kinda needs some perspective: Joe just got in the game. He has to lead a game tying drive with a crippled O line in front of him. Considering a lot of us (me included) aren’t very high on him, it’s pretty amazing he got that far. This could’ve easily ended at midfield.

Reactions: nomads-11
Bailey can make the throws and has better decision making yes. But he is not better in this up tempo offense where the line can collapse as soon as the ball gets snapped.

Bailey is not mobile. And you need to be mobile in Heupel's offense for his offense to work.

Bailey ain't going to fake the hand off and keep it and run 10 yards or more.

It is what it is. Milton can't hit a receiver past 10 yards. So we're screwed either way.

Pick your poison guys. The second half of the season is going to be a drag.

Hooker was a statue in the first half. It isn’t hard to roll the pocket and have quick plays to counter Bailey being less mobile. You don’t have to be mobile to move the pocket around to extend pass protection and the play.

Reactions: OrangeMoundTNVol
I'm willing to bet that Bailey would have known that he needed to throw the ball regardless. In that situation it doesn't matter that no one is open. Same as a hail mary. Throw it up and hope for the best. That's a whole lot easier to take that a QB trying to run 20 yards and make it to the end zone with 3 seconds left on the clock.
Bailey would have been sacked on that play

To continue this QB argument we all need to enter the quantum realm with Ant-Man. Woulda coulda shoulda. Hooker went down and let’s hope he’s ok. If not then we see what happens; the staff will likely ride with Milton. If Hooker is truly out I doubt Milton is the last QB they’ll end up trotting out there. And that is where the discussion truly begins…

Looks like my Saturdays just got more free time. We know what we will get with Milton. We have an idea but really no idea with what we get from Bailey.

Exactly. Thank God deer season is around the corner. I’d rather watch grass grow than to watch one second of a game with Milton at QB. Vandy might have a chance to beat us with Overthrow Brainless Joe at QB.

VN Store

Back