If Hooker leaves would a transfer QB be a possibility?

There has to be a reason Mullen wouldn't give him the keys, but on talent, oh yes definitely.

Probably didn't give them the keys cause it'd be one more gator pulled over with a pound of weed and an unregistered firearm.

I think he can definitely look off some receivers. Once the ball is snapped, it's not a hurry up any more. You are correct that the style of offense will always be an issue but I think he can help his stock if he has lots of success next year. Here's the bottom line: Regardless of when he comes out, I don't think he's got much of a future in the NFL
I’ve yet to see ANYONE say he’s as GOOD as Dobbs. While Dobbs has made a couple of rosters, he’s not exactly lighting anything up in the NFL. If Dobbs is a career backup, currently 3rd string, where would that put HH ? He definitely needs another year at UT to have any chance, IMO.

Reactions: Sea Ray
I think he can definitely look off some receivers. Once the ball is snapped, it's not a hurry up any more. You are correct that the style of offense will always be an issue but I think he can help his stock if he has lots of success next year. Here's the bottom line: Regardless of when he comes out, I don't think he's got much of a future in the NFL

Understood. Of course, we both hope he proves you wrong and have a fine NFL career.

I’ve yet to see ANYONE say he’s as GOOD as Dobbs. While Dobbs has made a couple of rosters, he’s not exactly lighting anything up in the NFL. If Dobbs is a career backup, currently 3rd string, where would that put HH ? He definitely needs another year at UT to have any chance, IMO.

Agree 100% . Tyler Bray had far more NFL skills and he wasn't even drafted

With the mess at Florida, would Anthony Richardson be a good fit with the system at Tennessee if he enters the transfer portal?

I saw where he removed all mention of Florida from his social media after the Missouri game (and then put it back?).

Absolutely yes, would love to have him. I think he would be a great fit.

#1. Hooker is not ready for the NFL, and maybe never will be.
#3. Milton is not ready to be a starter in the SEC, and maybe
never will be.

Ride with the true freshmen if Milton cant get us right. After my over reaction to him going out of bounds with no time on clock. I think these last 2 games he has shown maybe he can improve. If not let Tayven Jackson or however you spell it take the reigns.

Unpopular opinion yes. I stand by it though.
Please no. If he starts for us next season, expect the same head scratching and terrible decision making he did this year. He’s done went through this at Michigan. Got benched still same ol Milton . He is what he is. A qb that will frustrate us all bc he has all the physical tools a guy needs to be a star but bad decision making and overthrows will be what he does.

I am kind of with you but we need a experienced good backup or possible starter if Milton gets hurt and the freshman isn't ready. I would take Rattler.
I still think Moore would probably move up to the #2 is Hooker left. He's already familiar with the system and ran the scout team at UCF if I'm remembering correctly.
Rattler...he may want to make sure we have solid WRs. He can't afford to have a bad year and WRs dropping balls. Tillman is back but does Hyatt step up and become a threat...Also will the OL be solid. I think Rattler may go some where that's loaded on offense. Then his attitude...can it be adjusted....

Could make an argument that he has better NFL skill set than Dobbs. Stronger arm, more accurate passer, etc. Dobbs was a great player because he was a superior runner not a great passer. Dobbs was a good passer, 61% completions if I’m not mistaken, but not great. Hooker is 70% completions, so that’s pretty great! Not as good of a runner as Dobbs as Dobbs was a great runner.

Milton has looked better throwing the deep ball in his mop up duties. If he can just keep improving on the deep ball he will be fine. He will prob get the start against Ball St and we can see if he can hit the deep one.

Reactions: volpreacher
We need a grad QB if Hooker leaves because Milton and a true freshman who’s raw with potential is not the ticket. Milton is what he is and that’s a bad QB. Jackson could be great in the future but that’s not next season. We simply can’t regress. With what Huepel has done with the offense and Hooker we are very attractive to a grad QB

Reactions: Orange_Crush
If HH goes out this year...6th round. Extra year sets him up for considerable appreciation of value.

I don't think he would be drafted if he leaves this year. He probably would be signed as a free agent.

With the mess at Florida, would Anthony Richardson be a good fit with the system at Tennessee if he enters the transfer portal?

I saw where he removed all mention of Florida from his social media after the Missouri game (and then put it back?).
We are getting a transfer QB even if Hooker stays

If Hooker leaves a transfer QB makes the absolute best sense. Jackson is a little raw and needs some refining. Could Milton improve enough? It’s possible but not likely. As far as Richardson, I think he has talent but there may be better options available. If Rattler enters the portal, he is light years better than AR.

Rattler is apparently a massive locker room cancer. You can clearly see him sulking/pouting after being benched for a 2nd time.

Maybe if he got a reality check and holds is ego back he can reach his potential but right now there is a LOT of smoke around him being loathed by his teammates.

Reactions: tbh
And I'll go on the record for being 100% behind AR15. Not only is he a talented QB but it also screws over the Gators.

I doubt he leaves though... he's a Gainesville native.

VN Store

Back