If Harbaugh leaves do we go after any Michigan players?

Michigan OC most likely
Giving the keys to a Rolls Royce running like a top to someone who has only driven with a learner’s permit would be a bold move. Worked out at Miami for a couple of years then Coker fizzled when Butch’s guys left. Usually doesn’t work.

I'm not sure they can even get them into class by the time he leaves and kids visit. Seems like that's their plan if you ask me.
I believe they have something like a 30 day window to transfer out of a coach leaves, even if they started class. They could even finish school there this term and enter in May and play next year, I think. I struggle to keep up with it all. I agree that it seems like that’s kind of a planned thing, and maybe he’s trying to make them have to give Moore at least a year as interim. Idk

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Uh....how many openings do we have? So the "players" may only be player. The plural is most likely not realistic. Cute thread on the Harbaugh scenario.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Worked out for us when CPF was promoted
That was a bit different. CPF had recruited a large percentage of the players on the squad. He was already on staff for some time and the offense was basically his scheme. MUCH different than coming into a completely different scheme with no connection to any of the players on the Offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Worked out for us when CPF was promoted
Sure, it works sometimes. Notice how I said it “usually” doesn’t work. Also, Tennessee was a good program in 1992, not where Michigan is now. Not sure it’s the same thing. If UT were running at the level then, Johnny wouldn’t have been fired..

Last edited:
Michigan will just hire the OC if Harbaugh leaves. He already coached them during Harbaugh's suspension and went undefeated. They are less likely to have a mass exodus of players leave if they just promote him.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol

VN Store

Back