If Charlie Strong was white...

Basically - If you're not a racist you may like my OP to show bozo in the other thread how many of us aren't the KKK like he suggest

Oh yea op since i'm part indian u can tell gruden and strong i want my land back!!! Haha sorry couldn't resist

he would not be popular. Just like if Pam Anderson was 500 pounds no one would want to bang her. Most TN fans are white so we would relate better to a white coach. has nothing to do with "who is better" or that nonsense its just human nature. nothing to be ashamed about.

People are bringing the mans resume down like he's done nothing.

I am having hard time seeing why.

Because there are at least 50 other coaches out there (black, white, or green) who could have delivered the same results playing against the weak schedule he had this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Would more people be happy if he's our new coach? I'm starting to think yes.

Guy was the DC (not some small position coach) at FL when they were kicking our ass, and kept getting promoted by CUM.

Went to Louisville and got them winning. Yeah, it's the big East. But he's 10-2 in his third year.

Part of me thinks he has recruits waiting, that he told to hold off, who are going to follow him if he leaves.

I also think he would do very well here and only needs a hot shot OC which UT will pay for.

Kinda having a hard time with the hate this guy is getting here.

And he's not a second tier coach for God's sake. He was the DC at FL and now has a 10-2 record in his 3rd year. Get a grip.
I agree. I do think some are legit in that he hasn't really done enough in their eyes. Problem is, outside of Gruden, Patterson and Tressel, none have.

Then there are those who want to lump every black QB with the failed ones, to try and justify why they really don't want one (black QB). They are doing the same here, with Strong. Trying to identify a few Black coaches that have failed (Phillips, Croom and Willingham), as a basis for not wanting one, period. I think it's clear racism...using fallacious stereotypes to justify their skewed opinions.

Problem with their thinking, is that in both cases, there
are examples where they succeed. I personally think that having a successful black coach can offer a unique advantage, even if it's a small one. What is that advantage? Since a majority of the players are black, a lot of them will naturally bond/trust that coach and want to help them succeed...just like they did for Obama (even though his economic policies have helped put a record number of them out of work).

So, I personally feel, on the recruiting trail, he has a small advantage over the other SEC coaches. He already has inroads to southern Florida, which is enormous for us. His likability will help him pull athletes from places like Louisianna and Alabama, that we would otherwise have no shot at. I also think it will make the players he has play a little harder.

he would not be popular. Just like if Pam Anderson was 500 pounds no one would want to bang her. Most TN fans are white so we would relate better to a white coach. has nothing to do with "who is better" or that nonsense its just human nature. nothing to be ashamed about.

We officially know you'll be plenty warm this winter with your Daniel Boone hat on...holy $hit

You're more white than the box we post this nonsense in.

could care less what skin color....his measly record in the Big East against crappy teams and crappy schedule is why I dont think he belongs here yet...will be a horrible hire.....

if he was white his name would be AL GOLDEN

Reactions: 2 people
NEOCON is about the last person I would have expected to make this thread.

This just firms up what I always believed about NEOCON...he's unabashedly self-interested. My skin color doesn't concern him, it's what I can do for him that he cares about. I don't have a problem with it.

No one with a brain gives a sh!t whether he's black or white. Results is the only thing that matters.

I'd bang her. And I'd let people know I banged her, albeit I would never mention it was the 500 pound version.

I agree. I do think some are legit in that he hasn't really done enough in their eyes. Problem is, outside of Gruden, Patterson and Tressel, none have.

Then there are those who want to lump every black QB with the failed ones, to try and justify why they really don't want one (black QB). They are doing the same here, with Strong. Trying to identify a few Black coaches that have failed (Phillips, Croom and Willingham), as a basis for not wanting one, period. I think it's clear racism...using fallacious stereotypes to justify their skewed opinions.

Problem with their thinking, is that in both cases, there
are examples where they succeed. I personally think that having a successful black coach can offer a unique advantage, even if it's a small one. What is that advantage? Since a majority of the players are black, a lot of them will naturally bond/trust that coach and want to help them succeed...just like they did for Obama (even though his economic policies have helped put a record number of them out of work).

So, I personally feel, on the recruiting trail, he has a small advantage over the other SEC coaches. He already has inroads to southern Florida, which is enormous for us. His likability will help him pull athletes from places like Louisianna and Alabama, that we would otherwise have no shot at. I also think it will make the players he has play a little harder.

If a recruit only commits to us bc we have a Black HC....then I dont want his ass nor will I cheer for him....that would be the very definition of racism....not playing for whitey but I will for a Black HC....I want kids who want to play for TN....no matter what the color of the HC

VN Store

Back