Ideas for Stadium

Or the moron that did this(at least it was corrected)

View attachment 366285
when they would take a pic of GRRN & put a pic of the 3rd chair skin flute blower where they were in similar poses I would always throw up in my mouth a little . Even early to the midpoint of bj’s time when I still supported him and thought he was doing a decent job it would always give me the stinging suspicion that he was a total fraud . I could literally envision him looking at old pics of Neyland and then staging a photo of himself in a similar pose to put side by side to make people say “Wow! He even looks like The General “. What an ace🤡 .

Butch's striking resemblance to Neyland (photo)

Not living in Knoxville now but I have the typical complaints about the stadium.

In no particular order: parking, comfort, prices.

I will put up with a lot of crap if the team is fun to watch. I'd rather watch a beatdown at home.

Reactions: knoxvol16
Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create more enclosed seating that isn’t a skybox etc.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.
Those are some decent ideas.
Kind of strange that the new engineering building was allowed be built within just feet of the east skyboxes. That seems like it will creat havoc with access to the stadium and any future improvements to the east concourse.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Kind of strange that the new engineering building was allowed be built within just feet of the east skyboxes. That seems like it will creat havoc with access to the stadium and any future improvements to the east concourse.
Or you can look at as strange Neyland was allowed to built so close to the original engineering building (Estabrook) at that location given Estabrook predated Shields-Watkins field.

Land is scarce for any campus development. Buildings need to go where they fit.

Or you can look at as strange Neyland was allowed to built so close to the original engineering building (Estabrook) at that location given Estabrook predated Shields-Watkins field.

Land is scarce for any campus development. Buildings need to go where they fit.
When Shields Watkins was built there weren’t even bleachers on the east side.

Thank you. Yes I didn’t resize that is what I’m that building is!

Notice the severe drop in TV ratings for college games as well. Many items are viewed as possible answers to explain this.......competition from other sources of entertainment, too many games offered, loss of traditional rivals due to scheduling, etc. But one might consider the total slant in rules for offense and against defense as well. Loss of real kickoffs, seemingly arbitrary targeting rulings, among others are given as well. But to me, the attempt to make college (and perhaps pro) games into "video game format" with outlandish scoring encouraged by rule change (or interpretation) has made the game honestly less interesting to me. I openly admit that I'm approaching retirement age and likely don't represent cutting edge thinking, but I wonder if these scoring-fests we now see are somehow unhealthy for the game.
I remember telling my brothers that I wasn't at all sure how I felt about the read-option game taking over college football. And now here we are. What thoughts have you guys?
I miss good old fashioned defensive slugfests. But I guess like everything else today it is geared more and more towards thrills and short attention span. By the way, for similar reasons I feel NCAA basketball became much less mentally interesting when they added the shot clock and three point line. A good old fashioned Dean Smith team winning a 48 to 42 point defensive chess match with the losing teams trying desperately to stop the four corners offense as the clock wound down was always art to me.....
Oh well, whatcha gonna do with today’s world?
B48357E4-3570-43CE-B1BA-D8D5F5FD496E.gif

Reactions: azvol03
I miss good old fashioned defensive slugfests. But I guess like everything else today it is geared more and more towards thrills and short attention span. By the way, for similar reasons I feel NCAA basketball became much less mentally interesting when they added the shot clock and three point line. A good old fashioned Dean Smith team winning a 48 to 42 point defensive chess match with the losing teams trying desperately to stop the four corners offense as the clock wound down was always art to me.....
Oh well, whatcha gonna do with today’s world?
View attachment 367198
At least I still have soccer 🤪
D8B7A4BD-A6DC-4945-AA1D-EA9BABAABF5A.gif

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Here's my list, in no particular order:

• Easier disability access / better entrance marking, larger or more numerous elevators
  • Maintain 100k+ attendance potential while upgrading bleachers / markings with modern materials
  • Modernize all bathrooms, increase availability of handicap accessible or handicap exclusive facilities
  • Completely redo the microphone/broadcast system to account for delay, especially during cheer or band performances between plays.
  • Create an "Evolution of the Grand Cathedral of College Football" exhibit that covers the multiple phases of stadium construction and evolution.
  • Find a way to leverage the Vol Navy and access to the waterfront.

So recruit smaller linemen?

Most of those guys are standing on the sidelines during OVs. And even when they are sitting in the stadium? A good percentage of that 300 lbs is arms, chest and thighs. It is not concentrated in the abdominal and buttocks region, which is essentially the main area of concern.

Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.

Add a third deck so we can be the biggest again. ( Never mind that attendance is down.)

How do we c

How do we contact him for these ideas?

Here's a small but relatively easy addition I would love to see in Neyland. I think they should put "I Will Give My All For Tennessee Today" slap signs at every entrance into the stadium for fans to slap as they walk into the stadium! I think it would be a cool little gesture to remind everyone that Tennessee Football is not merely a spectator sport for anyone, not even the fans! That we absolutely can affect a game by being as loud and as rowdy as we can!

VN Store

Back