"Knoxville is different on game day and they have a great coaching staff."

Alabama:

"They have so many linemen in the NFL."

Florida State:

"FSU is a school on the come up."
Rivals

From Rivals:

4. Tennessee​

The Vols have quietly been in the mix with several top Midwest prospects in recent years. Coach Josh Heupel’s program hasn’t always gotten those recruitments over the finish line but they’ve got a shot with Brooks. If the Iowa native wants to leave the region but still be at a school with a more Midwestern feel, Tennessee could be the pick.

From Rivals:

4. Tennessee​

The Vols have quietly been in the mix with several top Midwest prospects in recent years. Coach Josh Heupel’s program hasn’t always gotten those recruitments over the finish line but they’ve got a shot with Brooks. If the Iowa native wants to leave the region but still be at a school with a more Midwestern feel, Tennessee could be the pick.
Midwestern feel?

Rivals should just shut down already

From Rivals:

4. Tennessee​

Contrary to popular belief much of Iowa does have rolling hills. They like corn. We like cornbread. I mean we can make this apparent simile work if it gets him to UT.

Am I the only one that hates the term midwest? Midwest implies middle of the west, right? I don’t think there is anything west about the midwest, other than part of those states are west of the Mississippi.

Am I the only one that hates the term midwest? Midwest implies middle of the west, right? I don’t think there is anything west about the midwest, other than part of those states are west of the Mississippi.
Many moons ago, the country's western boundary was the Mississippi River, and the region beyond it was considered the "West". Eventually our settlement expanded further west so they gave that region a new name, calling it "Middle West", even though it's not geographically in the middle or western part of the country.

Many moons ago, the country's western boundary was the Mississippi River, and the region beyond it was considered the "West". Eventually our settlement expanded further west so they gave that region a new name, calling it "Middle West", even though it's not geographically in the middle or western part of the country.
Yeah, I get that, just think they should have changed the name of the area so that it makes sense. I guess mid mid doesn’t sound right though 🤣

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Yeah, I get that, just think they should have changed the name of the area so that it makes sense. I guess mid mid doesn’t sound right though 🤣
Yeah, or Central. My guess is they wanted to keep West in the name even though it didn't make much since. Familiarity?

There are people on here who are much smarter than me that have a better answer to it

VN Store

Back