I would like to propose...

Nah, no need to have an echo chamber. I like hearing different opinions even from other fans. I do think some should be banned bc they are of no value whatsoever to the board or any discussion but bans should be the last resort in those cases.

iu

Reactions: tbh
A moderated user base. Allow me to elaborate:

VN is continually under fire from both inside and out. We have recruits watching these boards. We have other teams watching these boards. We have other fans watching/participating on these boards. I’m a 1a guy all day long but I can’t abide anti-Vol rhetoric and the cultivation (however sly/nuanced) thereof.

I’d like to propose a system wherein Freak serves up posts from new users to a dedicated content council (3 or 5, no ties), to validate new users. It seems we’re hitting scale that requires a recalibrated approach to the curation of content.

What say all?
Good idea. Way too much negative content. Hurts recruiting and retention.

A moderated user base. Allow me to elaborate:

VN is continually under fire from both inside and out. We have recruits watching these boards. We have other teams watching these boards. We have other fans watching/participating on these boards. I’m a 1a guy all day long but I can’t abide anti-Vol rhetoric and the cultivation (however sly/nuanced) thereof.

I’d like to propose a system wherein Freak serves up posts from new users to a dedicated content council (3 or 5, no ties), to validate new users. It seems we’re hitting scale that requires a recalibrated approach to the curation of content.

What say all?

Can we retroactively revoke your membership?

Can we retroactively revoke your membership?
Fair question. Live by it die by it I suppose. It was meant to spark conversation. It did. And it’s been fun having everyone assume I’m some sort of Bolshevik. Nothing could be further from the truth. Still pretty funny.

Just because the moderator(s) do not ban anyone that doesn't always post sunshine and rainbows doesn't mean they are not doing their job as your OP kinda suggests between the lines. Open opinions makes a good message board. One of all sunshine and rainbows would be totally boring. You need to go to the Lady Vols forum. They hate anyone who don't post sunshine and rainbows.

OP, if you feel this is a good idea for a website, create your own and run it as you see fit. This is an advantage of Capitalism.

I never hear anything bad about UT except on Volnation

Reactions: sona
If it results in uga fans going away, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I'll channel Rosa Parks and just say: Nah.

Yes...the OP has a sterling opportunity to demonstrate the validity of his theory simply by providing a forum of his own, and letting the free market do the rest. Stifling thoughts and ideas for the good of "recruiting" surely will bring a previously unrealized level of success to the sports communication market.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Reactions: sona
Yes...the OP has a sterling opportunity to demonstrate the validity of his theory simply by providing a forum of his own, and letting the free market do the rest. Stifling thoughts and ideas for the good of "recruiting" surely will bring a previously unrealized level of success to the sports communication market.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.

I smell a new Dogecoin. I'm getting in for 10 shares at 1/10 of a cent.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Ponder this… What if @McDad is a twenty-something woman with a thyroid condition that makes her bigger than most humans. She’s “all girl,” not butch, big rack that attracts creepie older guys since she was a teen. She genuinely loves collegiate sports and has done so since she was in grammar school. She the kind of UT fan that makes other city’s chambers of commerce love the Big Orange traveling caravan. She can drink most of us under the table, but doesn’t. She’s friendly that way. Now, she chose McDad as her VN persona because doing so allows her to post without restraint. It doesn’t matter which other members love her or hate her when she’s McDad.

Reactions: tbh and McDad

VN Store

Back