I want Riley Ferguson

Threads like these let you know when it is time to step away from VolNation for a while. When this garbage is circulating it is best to step away and clear your head.

Pfft, it's threads like this that make me look like a genius. I can type damn near anything and it will make more sense that the OP's premise.

Bring on the turkey and gravy!

To me it would be worth burning the redshirt if it means finding a proven leader so this team can have something to feel good about heading into the off season. It would be big for recruits as well and Ferguson could .be getting first team snaps in the .offseason getting prepared for next year. We need to solve thus qb mess now not later!!!! And Dobbs and Peterman are both busts....we are spinning our wheels with both of them......I don't want to wait the entire off season to know if we actually have a competent qb or not....its torture to even think about....Butch owes us as fans to show us something to be hopeful about instead of plodding the worst looking young qb to ever get any meaningful playing time at UT. Even Crompton and Worely both looked better as true freshman than Dobbs. I am this close to turning in Butch.....I want to.see what Riley can do...under heck with the whole red****t thing....we need hope now!!!!! You can bring .in all the recruits you like, but .it won't matter without a decent qb.
It ain't never gonna happen, but I'd love to see it.

Pfft, it's threads like this that make me look like a genius. I can type damn near anything and it will make more sense that the OP's premise.

Bring on the turkey and gravy!

Win we lose with Dobbs against UK, you won't feel the same way....mark my words if Dobbs is the starter, we lose to them...same thing with Peterman.

Guys, with Dobbs in there is a very good chance Kentucky beats us and guys will decommitt because of it...they will and Butch will suffer....if Riley is as hyped Butch would be smart to let him play...losing to Kentucky is a big deal....not sure why you guts are thinking we will win with Dobbs in there. And win we lose, it will be very very bad on volnation.....this is actually a big game for us as pathetic as it sounds.

A.) We beat UK with Dobbs, they are pitiful.
B.) Yeah, there is no way the actual team who sees these QB's play every day at practice could already be excited about Fergueson?!? They would only be excited about him once he plays ONE GAME and does well. Sound, sound logic. Reason and logic is strong with you. Continue on.

Guys, with Dobbs in there is a very good chance Kentucky beats us and guys will decommitt because of it...they will and Butch will suffer....if Riley is as hyped Butch would be smart to let him play...losing to Kentucky is a big deal....not sure why you guts are thinking we will win with Dobbs in there. And win we lose, it will be very very bad on volnation.....this is actually a big game for us as pathetic as it sounds.

Losing or winning against Kentucky will have absolutely no effect on </> of decomits alone. This game means absolutely nothing outside of team pride and seniors wanting to go out with a W. None of which are remotely important enough to burn an entire year of eligibility for one game for a player who would likely struggle as much as Dobbs or any other true frosh. we put out there.

Stop being so dramatic. You seem to forget that we have received commits after the last 4 losses, what makes you think 1 more game will make them decommit? Also, how do you know with 100% certainty that we will lose to KY?

Did you miss med-pass down there at Shady Acres again?

It makes absolutely no sense to burn an entire redshirt for one game against a 2-9 UK team when we are 4-7. Wait until the spring game.

Reactions: 1 person
Win we lose with Dobbs against UK, you won't feel the same way....mark my words if Dobbs is the starter, we lose to them...same thing with Peterman.

When*

The Fact that you want to burn a redshirt on the last game of the season. Which means nothing...

confused-reaction-gifs.gif

To me it would be worth burning the redshirt if it means finding a proven leader so this team can have something to feel good about heading into the off season. It would be big for recruits as well and Ferguson could .be getting first team snaps in the .offseason getting prepared for next year. We need to solve thus qb mess now not later!!!! And Dobbs and Peterman are both busts....we are spinning our wheels with both of them......I don't want to wait the entire off season to know if we actually have a competent qb or not....its torture to even think about....Butch owes us as fans to show us something to be hopeful about instead of plodding the worst looking young qb to ever get any meaningful playing time at UT. Even Crompton and Worely both looked better as true freshman than Dobbs. I am this close to turning in Butch.....I want to.see what Riley can do...under heck with the whole red****t thing....we need hope now!!!!! You can bring .in all the recruits you like, but .it won't matter without a decent qb.

I bet you were demanding Peterman 10 weeks ago and demanding Dobbs 7 weeks ago.

We had a leader who almost beat UGA and beat USCe. We would have beaten Vandy if Worley wasn't hurt.

And if we lose to them with Riley? Then what?

Homemade stuffing and mac and cheese casserole!

For the love of God....its Kentucky!!!! I am not being over dramatic...losing this game would be very very damaging to Butch and our teams physche which is already hurting. Why can't you all just admit that I might be right. I was also flamed for simply question Dobbs abillity before the Candy game and flamed for saying Dooley wasn't the answer after losing to Kentucky in 2011.

Where do they come from?
If Fergie is as good as advertised he'll win the job in the spring.
This season's over. Deal with it.

Please tell me this is a joke and that you are just trying to get attention.

Reactions: 2 people
Any village idiot can see our QB play is terrible....what to do about it....I think CBJ will figure it out...He will get the blame/credit for what happens...let him get it done.

Was Ferguson hurt for a time? I don't know how long he's been healthy--but what the coaches SHOULD have done, after Worley's injury, is play both Dobbs and Ferguson to see which played best. That wasn't done, Dobbs hasn't done a lot--and so now the QB situation is a muddled and screwed up as it was at the start of the year.

Was Ferguson hurt for a time? I don't know how long he's been healthy--but what the coaches SHOULD have done, after Worley's injury, is play both Dobbs and Ferguson to see which played best. That wasn't done, Dobbs hasn't done a lot--and so now the QB situation is a muddled and screwed up as it was at the start of the year.

yes Ferguson was hurt. At one point Dobbs was our only option at QB

Reactions: 3 people
While IMHO I believe Ferguson will win the QB job next year, I DO NOT want to burn his redshirt for 1 game. There is a reason we have only had 8 true freshmen started at QB ever in the history of UT. All you guys that think a TRUE freshman can come in and be a world beater are just insane. It does not happen anywhere.

Now don't take my opinion as a jab at Dobbs. There is a reason he looks as bad as he does and is why CBJ did not want to burn either redshirts on the freshmen QBs. Hopefully Dobbs will grow during the off season and be a solid QB option.

And just to stop the stupid post that someone will do:
Johnny football started as a REDSHIRT Freshman
Jameis Winston started as a REDSHIRT Freshman

Big difference in TRUE and REDSHIRT

For the love of God....its Kentucky!!!! I am not being over dramatic...losing this game would be very very damaging to Butch and our teams physche which is already hurting. Why can't you all just admit that I might be right. I was also flamed for simply question Dobbs abillity before the Candy game and flamed for saying Dooley wasn't the answer after losing to Kentucky in 2011.

No, you aren't being overly dramatic, just overly shortsighted.

Let's see. No QB signed in this recruiting class, which means Ferguson's redshirt just became that much more important since we won't be looking for a QB until the 2015 class. But yet, you can't even look past one single game that we should win without problems to see the big picture for next year and the years after.

Please do yourself a favor and let it go. You aren't helping your position here with this mindless drivel.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back