I think we're sleeping on Bru...

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
I admit I dont follow recruiting super closely. So I was surprised to learn that Bru McCoy in 2019 was a top 10 ranked player. This guy is actually one of the highest rated recruits UT has signed, EVER. So after learning this I hopped on YT and found this video.

He has been through a hell of a lot, its hard to even imagine. Going to his dream school just to have the coaching staff gutted. So he goes to Texas but doesn't like it. Goes back to USC and gets a virus and has to sit out the year. The fans don't know he is sick, they just know he isn't playing, so between the transfer and the lack of playing the fan base turns on him. Enter Tennessee.

After watching some highlights, this dude is legit. Before he got sick it was a foregone conclusion he would be in the NFL. He could legit be a top 5 WR in the SEC this season.

After learning all of this, if he is ruled ineligible I can't imagine how devastating that would be to him.

Then he sat out 2021 at USC because of the ongoing investigation.

Im not aware of anyone but OP sleeping on Bru. He has always been considered a day 1 contributor, pending being cleared to play. He has 5 star talent and measurables, just needs the AA’s blessing.

I hope he gets cleared before the season opener - the last transfer from USC did pretty good and Bru has multiple years of eligibility (although he may be draft eligible after this season). I hope he has the kind of numbers that get into first day draft status.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If USC is truly holding this process up, then there should be more media attention to that. At a minimum the Knoxville media should be tearing everyone involved a new one after Bru got falsley accused and still sat out two seasons for various reasons including the investigation of charges that were eventually dropped. They have kept this kid from competing for far too long.

It really makes no sense for Riley to hold him out. He needs someone to beat at least one of the top teams in the SEC, probably more than once, for USC to make the CFP. It could be us but we need all the help we can get.

Will this be a situation where he has to sit a year since he had already transferred?

Can we not get little Nicky’s blessing again? Is the SEC office involved here? If that is the case this kid is screwed.

I admit I dont follow recruiting super closely. So I was surprised to learn that Bru McCoy in 2019 was a top 10 ranked player. This guy is actually one of the highest rated recruits UT has signed, EVER. So after learning this I hopped on YT and found this video.

He has been through a hell of a lot, its hard to even imagine. Going to his dream school just to have the coaching staff gutted. So he goes to Texas but doesn't like it. Goes back to USC and gets a virus and has to sit out the year. The fans don't know he is sick, they just know he isn't playing, so between the transfer and the lack of playing the fan base turns on him. Enter Tennessee.

After watching some highlights, this dude is legit. Before he got sick it was a foregone conclusion he would be in the NFL. He could legit be a top 5 WR in the SEC this season.

After learning all of this, if he is ruled ineligible I can't imagine how devastating that would be to him.

The issue is that he transferred to Texas, back to USC, and now to UT. It’s transcript related and USC is taking their time.

If USC is truly holding this process up, then there should be more media attention to that. At a minimum the Knoxville media should be tearing everyone involved a new one after Bru got falsley accused and still sat out two seasons for various reasons including the investigation of charges that were eventually dropped. They have kept this kid from competing for far too long.

It really makes no sense for Riley to hold him out. He needs someone to beat at least one of the top teams in the SEC, probably more than once, for USC to make the CFP. It could be us but we need all the help we can get.
I doubt it's as simple as USC dragging their feet. A school can't unilaterally block a transfer anymore.

I doubt it's as simple as USC dragging their feet. A school can't unilaterally block a transfer anymore.
According to the post a few before mine, USC hasn’t released him yet, which is step 1. Step 2 is Ncaa release. So if that post is correct, they absolutely could be the factor holding him up.

According to the post a few before mine, USC hasn’t released him yet, which is step 1. Step 2 is Ncaa release. So if that post is correct, they absolutely could be the factor holding him up.
Didn't they stop schools from being able to block transfers though? USC could have refused to release him in say 2014, but not now.

VN Store

Back