I think we’re DONE here...

volaholic333

Think it’s past time for Vol fans to realize that big money and big egos have poisoned what we know and love about Big Orange Football. And sadly, it doesn’t look like it’s returning any time soon.

Reactions: 11 people
Then gtfo. I'm so tired of ppl talking about how they r done if UT hires so and so, etc. Support the university or gtfo. I'm tired of seeing all the whining.

Reactions: 12 people
Then gtfo. I'm so tired of ppl talking about how they r done if UT hires so and so, etc. Support the university or gtfo. I'm tired of seeing all the whining.

At some point you have to draw the line. This is it for many of us.

Reactions: 8 people
Something like this was bound to happen. Just sad it happened at my Alma Mater.

This all started when Bama hired Saban.
I told my boss who is an Auburn fan, "if you like your coach you better lock him down long term. Hiring a proven coach is going to be very hard for a lot of programs."

Because its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game right?

Reactions: 2 people

We are done because Currie has botched this hire. He waited 4 days on Mullen who never really wanted to come to UT. He tried to hire a guy (Schiano) that covered up for Sandusky (we think). And then made an offer to Brohm he could not back up. Currie is an idiot plain and simple. No good coach will come to UT because it is dysfunctional to the max right now in the athletic department.

Reactions: 4 people

You may be happy investing your time, money and energy into mediocrity but many of us have higher standards for the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 8 people

I don’t care so much who the coach is if the team is competitive and moving forward. But how in hell is any fan suppose to accept an AD that uses the terms, “expensive and explosive,” then absolutely CHOKES. I don’t think that’s about whining. I think it’s the new reality.

Reactions: 3 people

OP didn't say he was bailing, he said big money and big egos are poisoning the program. He is correct, you see a silver lining nobody else has found?

Reactions: 1 person
I fear so as well. We told the administration we were tired of mediocrity and they said so are we. Instead of hiring a coach to restore us to our place as a historic SEC power we will get one that will be lead us to even worse futility.

Good luck paying for that $340 million Neyland renovation when the stadium is half full. Have they already forgotten how bad I got financially when Dooley was here and fan support was dwindling?

Currie is incompetent. Davenport is clueless. I fear that we are seeing the death throws of our beloved program. If this is true I can't stomach pulling for another college team. I will just stop watching, buying merchandise, and buying tickets.

I have never been more embarrassed to be a UT fan than I am currently. Walking into work after a Georgia or Alabama beatdown, I can handle like a champ with grace. But this messed up crap is on a whole new level kind of embarrassment. Power T coming off the car.

I had an 11 year old boy in my class come up to me and say he wanted to play at UT when he was older, but doesn’t want to anymore. He gets it.

Reactions: 1 person
please...the only way we're done is if we give up...just say no to bad leadership...but never give up...:)

GO VOLS!

it dont matter who the coach is at this point..the way all the ESPN guys and all the national news reporters have bashed us, the fans, our school, and our AD... made fun of us, no big time recruits will want to come here..this whole thing has stunk the place up and were left to deal with it..Vandy is happy there not on bottom no more !

By supporting the university at such a poor time, your supporting the ones who are wrecking it

My interest in the actual teams has faded gradually over the last five years or so. I think it's due to my aging and the teams' irrelevance on the national and now the regional stage. The banter on this board is by far the most entertaining and satisfying aspect of being a UT fan, and no offense to any of the other posers, but that's kind of sad and no positive statement about the UT administraton.

VN Store

Back