I swear

Typo. My mistake. 3-7. Crappy record. Crappy development. Crappy situation. There is a risk of course, but there are solid, energetic coaches out there who would most surely jump at the opportunity but tlhen again there is that constant elephant looming large that would probably cause hesitation and I’m not speaking of NCAA etc

How many of those guys would bet your current job to win enough games? That is pretty much what CPF is doing. Last time he was forced to sit at the table finish Currie's hand.

There are times when you have to wait till the the next hand before you make a big bet. Right now we have about three cards on the table in a game of 5 card stud. Might not be the time to commit your entire bankroll on this hand. You better wait to see at least one more card. So I don't get all the disparaging remarks about the way CPF and team are playing this current hand. Has nothing to do with their view of the hole card which is the 3-7.

Reactions: VolNExile
swear-jar.jpg

How many of those guys would bet your current job to win enough games? That is pretty much what CPF is doing. Last time he was forced to sit at the table finish Currie's hand.

There are times when you have to wait till the the next hand before you make a big bet. Right now we have about three cards on the table in a game of 5 card stud. Might not be the time to commit your entire bankroll on this hand. You better wait to see at least one more card. So I don't get all the disparaging remarks about the way CPF and team are playing this current hand. Has nothing to do with their view of the hole card which is the 3-7.
We shouldn’t even be at the gaming table.

Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt were terrible hires. We've done no different then bama did. The only difference is they finally decided to swing for the for the fence to get their guy. It worked for them. We just keep hiring sh!t.

Understand, but bigger issue here. the Elephant(s) in the room,
One Until investigation is over and NCAA decides to investigate or not, NONE of the fence swing guys are going to risk coming here and having their hands tied behind their back by NCAA, None for any amount of money.
Two, Money, or lack of. Tenn AD in a 50 million $ projected shortfall this year, and 2021 doesnt look too good. Also Alabama had some BIG MONEY dudes who were passionate about football writing the checks. 2 years before Saban a booster died and left UA 300 million dollars! By todays standards that number would be more like 700 million. Tennessees biggest booster family was the Haslams by far, and they were ran off by the majority of Tenn fans and BOT, and they still donate to the Univ, they do not donate to the UTAD.
The Dish TV family is richer, BUT, they dont care about sports. So the money to pull off such a HR hire is not there.

Pity for Fulmer? He worked Currie out of the picture.

Yup. Standing between Phil and a job he wants is a VERY dangerous place to be. He was a mediocre coach (albeit a great recruiter) and a disaster as AD, but the man can network, glad hand, and politic like a champ.

I'm sure its not just here w Tennessee fans and probably occurs everywhere but its like IF

IF Bill Belichick was hired , fans would be like, DONT WANT, TOO OLD!
Or Lost 38-9 to Buffalo and by 14 to Miami! NO THANKS
LOL
Curiousity... who are these great coaches that volnation has turned against?

My momma taught me not to swear. I do however agree with your position OP, people on this sight would not be happy if TN won 6 Natty's in a 12 year span.
Stupid comment. Everyone on this board would be happy with a National Championship every other year for 12 years. I know you are obviously exaggerating, but frustrations are legitimate. Have you had your head stuck in a hole in the ground since 2005?? Geez.

I'm sure its not just here w Tennessee fans and probably occurs everywhere but its like IF

IF Bill Belichick was hired , fans would be like, DONT WANT, TOO OLD!
Or Lost 38-9 to Buffalo and by 14 to Miami! NO THANKS
LOL
Yup. Cuz of all the rings he’s got..... 🙄 Belichick....... what a loser.

Yup. Standing between Phil and a job he wants is a VERY dangerous place to be. He was a mediocre coach (albeit a great recruiter) and a disaster as AD, but the man can network, glad hand, and politic like a champ.
It’s all self serving in my opinion.

Wait, in true VN fashion => Belicheck would have been nothing without Brady.

Respects to Butch & Dobbs / Phil & Cutcliff / Urban & Tebow etc etc

Probably not the best time to try and stand up that particular straw man...

patriots2020.png

VN Store

Back