I swear I didn't do this!

At 1-3, the Tennessee Volunteers aren't exactly off to the best start this season — and being confused for their more successful female counterpart doesn't help, either.

Just days before Tennessee hosts SEC rival Georgia, ESPN used the wrong logo in its SEC scoreboard listing on its desktop and mobile app sites — replacing the traditional "Power T," with the Lady Vols logo instead.

Awkward.

Fans noticed it Monday, and it appears the incorrect logo lasted all the way into mid-Tuesday morning. Naturally, it was the perfect opportunity for jokes.

"Don't insult the Lady Vols like that," one Tennessee fan tweeted.

Although the all-time series is tied (23–23–2), Georgia has the edge with three 3 wins in the last five years. The Lady Vols are 6-2 against the Bulldogs since 2014.

Today’s award for completely useless thread goes to...

Reactions: njvols
This is precisely how to tell who really dun it! Sorta like the ancient proverb "he that smells it, tells it". :D

No, but I wish I HAD thought of it! :D:D:D Sometimes the only thing we can do is laugh.

Today’s award for completely useless thread goes to...

Awwww. Did I hurt your feeling?

Sorry... just thought it was funny. Of course, I'm not sexist so I can laugh at things like that. :cool:

Awwww. Did I hurt your feeling?

Sorry... just thought it was funny. Of course, I'm not sexist so I can laugh at things like that. :cool:
Why would you bring up sexist...or feelings? 😏

Why would you bring up sexist...or feelings? 😏

Just doing a for-fun-only “between the lines” analysis of your reaction to my post is all. :p

After noting that I’d never seen you post here, I took the time to peruse your profile and saw that you are a prolific poster on the football board. I deduced that you post on the football board in much the same way that I obsessively post on THIS board. So the comical “Lady Vol logo used for football” story was, at the very LEAST, obviously upsetting enough to you to prompt you to step outside of your norm in order to respond to my innocuous OP in a mildly “butt-hurt” way. By going to the trouble of deeming the OP the “most useless thread of the day” absolutely screamed, “I’m feeling too fragile in regard to UT football to think this is even ONE. BIT. FUNNY.”

I get you. When I was so deeply lin misery over the state of Lady Vols basketball, with no hope in sight, I lost my sense of humor, too.

And lastly... yeah, if someone who rarely, if EVER, posts here just because he read something that poked a bit of light-hearted fun toward a male dominated sport/fanship in a female-gender-specific way, then, YEAH. You may be a bit sexist if that raised your hackles enough to bother posting in the thread how supremely lame the thread is.

Don’t be mad. Love ya!

GO VOLS!!!!

Just doing a for-fun-only “between the lines” analysis of your reaction to my post is all. :p

After noting that I’d never seen you post here, I took the time to peruse your profile and saw that you are a prolific poster on the football board. I deduced that you post on the football board in much the same way that I obsessively post on THIS board. So the comical “Lady Vol logo used for football” story was, at the very LEAST, obviously upsetting enough to you to prompt you to step outside of your norm in order to respond to my innocuous OP in a mildly “butt-hurt” way. By going to the trouble of deeming the OP the “most useless thread of the day” absolutely screamed, “I’m feeling too fragile in regard to UT football to think this is even ONE. BIT. FUNNY.”

I get you. When I was so deeply lin misery over the state of Lady Vols basketball, with no hope in sight, I lost my sense of humor, too.

And lastly... yeah, if someone who rarely, if EVER, posts here just becaus heread something that poked a bit of light-hearted fun toward a male dominated sport/fanship in a female-gender-specific way, then, YEAH. You may be a bit sexist if that raised your hackles enough to bother posting in the thread how supremely lame the thread is.

Don’t be mad. Love ya!

GO VOLS!!!!
Not upset at all. Thanks for reading all of my posts and writing a lot of words. 😴

Not upset at all. Thanks for reading all of my posts and writing a lot of words. 😴

You’re a really good poster, actually. Sure hope the Vols can at least give Georgia a competitive half. I’ll be watching and hoping!

VN Store

Back