I really need this board to move past the GA State game

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Yes, the loss is on the coaches. Yes, we are more talented than them and should not have lost. There is no excuse for it and it shouldn’t have happened. That being said, every thread I read on this board ends up with something about losing to GA State.

Mind-blowing fact: every time an underdog beats a better opponent, the team that was favored had better players. This is especially true when it’s a G5 underdog vs a P5 favorite.

Pruitt learned the hard way never to take an opponent lightly again. The way we played BYU the following week showed we are not a bad enough team to lose to a 2-win GA State, but it happened.

Can we be done now?

Yes, the loss is on the coaches. Yes, we are more talented than them and should not have lost. There is no excuse for it and it shouldn’t have happened. That being said, every thread I read on this board ends up with something about losing to GA State.

Mind-blowing fact: every time an underdog beats a better opponent, the team that was favored had better players. This is especially true when it’s a G5 underdog vs a P5 favorite.

Pruitt learned the hard way never to take an opponent lightly again. The way we played BYU the following week showed we are not a bad enough team to lose to a 2-win GA State, but it happened.

Can we be done now?

No, a lot of the time those underdogs that win usually only win by 7 or less points.

This team got man handled by a vastly inferior team. That’s gonna take a while to just get over and move on.

Can we be done now?
949523FF-4BF9-4EC9-871A-FC35B687F426.gif

Can we be done now?

Those with some kind of an agenda and have completely made up their mind will never let it go.

Good luck with that.

Some old timers remember the Vols losing to N Texas ST and a lot of folk still reference the Wyoming loss in 2008 to go along with the Memphis loss with Peyton in 1996.

Losses that bad dont come around often for a historically strong program like UT.

I want to move on too, but as a fan........I really need the team to do so first.

I can imagine things being better, but that don’t make it so.

Once this team with this coach improves, and starts to do more with less........much like BYU did,
much like GA ST did, much like Vandy does......I’ll have some positivity.

giphy.gif

The fans or members of this board won’t let it go because we are watching other teams in similar situations play competitively with lesser talent.... see Arkansas and UNC today. We haven’t played anyone competitively with more talent yet this year other than Chatt!

Agree

I’m just as tired of people trying to shove down our throats that Tennessee can’t be competitive or the “only” reason is because of a lack of talent. It’s pure bs and only excuses.....nothing more.

Tennessee has lost twice so far this year with more talent than the team that won......yet somehow “we” shouldn’t expect the same or even better. I would be ashamed to try and pass that crap off as fact......but lots of folks on here do it every day.

People.....please pump that sunshine all day if you want......but just give me some reasoning behind it when you do and not this lie.

So the basketvols are predicted to make the dance again this year by Andy Katz and Vitello got a nice contract since we’re changing the subject.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Sometimes in life something bad happens and it ties itself to you forever. You never love it down. As an individual, company, church, team, etc. unfortunately it’ll never go away...ever. It’ll diminish in time, and winning will make that happen faster, but no one will ever let it go.

It can be a very good life lesson for these boys and staff. They can learn a lot from it. I hope they do for life outside football.

They’re better barometers of where this team is at than GSU. Kind of like throwing out the hi and low scores on a class math test. NOBODY showed up for that game, coaches or players.

Now pretend everyone taking a basic math test is getting paid RIDICULOUS amounts of money to pass the test.

You still throwing out the low scores? Or are you wondering why T.F. You’re even paying them?

VN Store

Back