I owe J.P. Prince an apology

tidwell

Like many here, I've gave J.P. all kinds of hell over the last three years for his maddening at times play. He's always been able to contribute good things on the court, but it seemed like he'd follow that up with a few "What was that?!" plays.

My bad, J.P. Without you, there is no way the Vols get this far this season. Thanks for coming up big when it matters most, and good luck in life.

tidwell, I'm in the same boat. If it wasn't for J.P., we would have never made it this far.

AGreed . . . JP had a great run in the tournament. Hope he made himself a lot of money

A+ post I agree 100%

This loss sucks but I'm proud of how our seniors played and I know they're feeling it worse than all of us on this board.

Nice post Tiddy.

He had some of those moments even today, but he really became some glue for this team.

JP would trade 13 point and 6 assist games for 2 point and 5 turnover games during the regular season.

He really came alive during the tournament, and was key in getting us as far as he did. How many times did we alley-oop to him for the easy dunk?

As fans, we owe many thanks to the team for giving us something to care about at the end of March other than spring football practice. As this round of basketball started, only 8 fan bases had that opportunity. Great effort guys.

That salute used to get on my nerves, but now, I would salute him in person if we ever met. Great tournament JP!! You will be missed.

Good game Vols, this one hurt like a punch in the stomach. Sick as a dog they lost, but great effort and a heckuva year. Wayne, J.P., Bobby all seniors, great run guys.:salute:

I am extremely sad that JP is leaving, he has been my favorite player since he arrived. I hope he has a great career where ever he plays.

Great effort bu JP and all the other Vols.
What a great season,we are really proud of how you played.

As fans, we owe many thanks to the team for giving us something to care about at the end of March other than spring football practice. As this round of basketball started, only 8 fan bases had that opportunity. Great effort guys.

+1000
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The players played great and Coach Pearl did a heck of a job coaching through all the turmoil.
Who would have thought that we would been the last SEC team playing in the March Madness ,back in January?

I'm in the same boat, couldn't wait for him to graduate, but after T. Smith got kicked off, Prince started playing a lot better.

same here (and my whole family for that matter). Im proud of how he proved me wrong and how hard he played for the Vols! He'll go far in whatever he does next if he works hard and plays like he can. Congrats on a great career at UT and good luck in the future!

JP has earned the affection of a lot of Vol fans, and hopefully himself a decent salary, even if it's overseas.

JP has earned the affection of a lot of Vol fans, and hopefully himself a decent salary, even if it's overseas.

He'll be a better pro than college player. Freaky length and awful rules help a long guy who can slash and pass. He'll find a spot. If he ever shoots it, he'll play in the NBA. He has to shoot 1000 per day until then.

He can even be a respectable defender at the next level.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Glad he's gone.... he played really well in the tournament, but his antics annoy the crap out of me. Bye bye.

J.P. deserves major props for how he played in the tournament. People have been dogging him for 3 years, some of which was justified, some not. There was even an "official" thread to complain about him.

He was fantastic the past 4 games, and he deserves credit for them. Wayne was clutch, but J.P. was the glue that held Tennessee together.

I think I'll miss you most of all Mr. Prince!

Antics like those high flying dunks? Yeah what a showboat i'm soo glad he's gone now. :crazy:

No... the technical fouls, random yelling any time he did anything remotely productive, saying that it didn't matter they weren't playing hard on senior night, and stupid salutes to the crowd were what I'm talking about. Like I said, he played well in the tournament... but I'm glad he's gone all the same.

J.P. I am so glad that I don't owe you an apology. I've loved every minute of it. Tough love sometimes, but you've always had my support. And, you know it.:eek:k:

VN Store

Back