I love the expansion (if it happens)

VolunteerNut

I know I might be in the minority but we already play Bama every year and it brings back another rivarly that we have missed out on and need to even the series with Auburn. Oklahoma and Texas coming into the conference just gives us a chance to play the best teams in the nation and nothing would please me more than slapping the smack out of Texas. This has been long coming and I hope it happens. For those saying we will be bottom feeders in the east need to rethink things and look at the big picture.

With the money these two teams going to the west and bringing more prestige to the conference only means better recruiting. With the right coach in place at UT we should benefit from this but not sure CJH is the man to lead us. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it and if he were to face Oklahoma during the season where would his loyalties be? But I'm getting ahead of myself and he may never face OK as head coach at UT but it is a question that needs to be asked.

I hope this happens as more money to the conference only makes everyone stronger and the recruits will want to play in the super conference that will be the SEC. Bama will always be bama but the icing on the cake is UGA and Florida will have to play them every year as we do which means losses for them as well as us..... I love the idea. Call me crazy but football with this expansion just got interesting and fun again. And stupid talk about UM and OSU coming in..... what a cascade of teams and could you imagine a conference with Ok,Texas, Michigan, and Ohio State all joining the SEC. Hypothetically if this were to happen then Bama and auburn would both move back to the west and OSU and UM would come to the east..... What a great talking venue for us in the off season.

Thoughts?

Good points. However... Until UT's ADMINISTRATION gets their collective head out of their asses, we will, in fact, continue to be bottom feeders in the SEC. I don't think adding or subtracting schools makes any difference. UT needs to decide whether or not they want to compete for titles or do like Vandy and simply leech off the other 15 teams.

I know I might be in the minority but we already play Bama every year and it brings back another rivarly that we have missed out on and need to even the series with Auburn. Oklahoma and Texas coming into the conference just gives us a chance to play the best teams in the nation and nothing would please me more than slapping the smack out of Texas. This has been long coming and I hope it happens. For those saying we will be bottom feeders in the east need to rethink things and look at the big picture.

With the money these two teams going to the west and bringing more prestige to the conference only means better recruiting. With the right coach in place at UT we should benefit from this but not sure CJH is the man to lead us. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it and if he were to face Oklahoma during the season where would his loyalties be? But I'm getting ahead of myself and he may never face OK as head coach at UT but it is a question that needs to be asked.

I hope this happens as more money to the conference only makes everyone stronger and the recruits will want to play in the super conference that will be the SEC. Bama will always be bama but the icing on the cake is UGA and Florida will have to play them every year as we do which means losses for them as well as us..... I love the idea. Call me crazy but football with this expansion just got interesting and fun again. And stupid talk about UM and OSU coming in..... what a cascade of teams and could you imagine a conference with Ok,Texas, Michigan, and Ohio State all joining the SEC. Hypothetically if this were to happen then Bama and auburn would both move back to the west and OSU and UM would come to the east..... What a great talking venue for us in the off season.

Thoughts?
I agree. I think, if anything, it helps us. More money, and a more difficult schedule for our current in-division rivals. Especially if they expand to a 12 team playoff. Winning the East doesn't become as important. #2 in the east will probably make the playoff, and this move just makes it harder for UGA and Florida. The downside is that we have to play Texas/Oklahoma every 7 years or whatever it is. Pros defintely outweigh the cons

I think this move was a no-brainer from the OU and Texas standpoints, but what's going to happen with that "Longhorn Network"? If anything could knock this into a cocked hat, that would. It was what drove A&M and Mizzou out of the Big 12. The rest of the SEC would be insane to let them bring that into the conference with them.

Good points. However... Until UT's ADMINISTRATION gets their collective head out of their asses, we will, in fact, continue to be bottom feeders in the SEC. I don't think adding or subtracting schools makes any difference. UT needs to decide whether or not they want to compete for titles or do like Vandy and simply leech off the other 15 teams.

We are the world champs in hiring bad and firing bad FB coaches and self flagellation. I was hoping Donde would remedy this, but she is repeating the old tricks while our opponents are doing things under the table and showing the middle finger. This self reporting nonsense being carried on and on is just plain dumb. It would have be less expensive in the long run to fire Pruitt and just pay him. Huepel has as good of a chance as anyone to turn this FB program around if the administration will just get out of the way. There is no reason that UT can't compete with anyone if the idiots would stop being idiots.

I think this move was a no-brainer from the OU and Texas standpoints, but what's going to happen with that "Longhorn Network"? If anything could knock this into a cocked hat, that would. It was what drove A&M and Mizzou out of the Big 12. The rest of the SEC would be insane to let them bring that into the conference with them.

Good point with the longhorn network but they will have to drop or I think they will (I could be wrong) drop it and join the SEC Network which will bring a ton of viewers as well as OK. More revenue for the SEC. I see this as a good thing all around but on the downside we take Bama into the conference unless UM and OSU pushes to join also.... WOW........... talk about a crazy change of events.... What will the big 10, big 12, and ACC do? This is going to be interesting to say the least. Where's my popcorn?

Same here. I wouldn't mind seeing it go to 20. It doesn't have to be a Clemson, FSU, or another big-time program. Go get BYU, Cincinnati, Marshall, and/or Iowa State-type programs. Teams that could benefit from the SEC, open up markets and recruiting, and provides solid mid-tier programs that can have some really good seasons.

Thoughts?

His loyalties would lie with Tennessee. Any suggestion otherwise is completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
To me if the SEC were to keep the East/West alignment then this makes the most sense:
West
Texas
Tex A&M
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mizzouri
Ole Miss
Miss St
LSU

East
Bama
Auby
GA
FL
TN
Vandy
USC
KY

I heard on the radio that TX and OK sent a letter to the Big 12 that they will not be renewing their contract after 2025, they are coming boys get ready.

I’ll tell you what else is funny. All the talk is about football, my God the SEC will win damn near every national title that doesn’t have a basketball.

SEC baseball will be even more ridiculous than it already is

Edit: forgot about adding Oklahoma with softball. Good lord, the sec tournament will be harder to win than the WCWS

Last edited:
To me if the SEC were to keep the East/West alignment then this makes the most sense:
West
Texas
Tex A&M
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mizzouri
Ole Miss
Miss St
LSU

East
Bama
Auby
GA
FL
TN
Vandy
USC
KY

I heard on the radio that TX and OK sent a letter to the Big 12 that they will not be renewing their contract after 2025, they are coming boys get ready.
. Money and greed kill every good thing

They are both probaly going to pay the exit fee of 70 million to leave earlier than when the contract expires in 2025. So they can start playing next year anybody have a idea of how our schedule might look next season I still hope we keep our 4 OOC games.

They are both probaly going to pay the exit fee of 70 million to leave earlier than when the contract expires in 2025. So they can start playing next year anybody have a idea of how our schedule might look next season I still hope we keep our 4 OOC games.

I agree. They will be in the SEC either next year or the year after. Remember some of these schools have out of conference scheduling to deal with as well. They'll have to buy out some of those games so they can accomodate the new SEC game schedule. I'm thinking the earliest would be 2023, but I could be wrong.

So the last 15 years isn't proof enough that the administration doesn't wanna be a power house anymore? Wow

Reactions: KHVol and jeff1vol

Just depends on how the SEC gets reshuffle. If the pod **** goes through then I see us playing 7 ooc games if it stays and one team goes to the ease and west then I see us having 3 ooc games

I really like adding OU and Texas as well...Gonna be some exciting games every week in the SEC now...Not like there wasn't before but now its going to be EVERY WEEK!...And as for the gloom and doomers worried about Tennessee getting buried, We'll be fine...All we have needed was a good coaching staff, We've always gotten good players but the lack of coaching has killed us...I really hope a lot of teams over look us because that sleeping giant can awaken at any time...At least i hope so...

So your saying throw
Same here. I wouldn't mind seeing it go to 20. It doesn't have to be a Clemson, FSU, or another big-time program. Go get BYU, Cincinnati, Marshall, and/or Iowa State-type programs. Teams that could benefit from the SEC, open up markets and recruiting, and provides solid mid-tier programs that can have some really good seasons.
So your saying throw Memphis in there to.

Good point with the longhorn network but they will have to drop or I think they will (I could be wrong) drop it and join the SEC Network which will bring a ton of viewers as well as OK. More revenue for the SEC. I see this as a good thing all around but on the downside we take Bama into the conference unless UM and OSU pushes to join also.... WOW........... talk about a crazy change of events.... What will the big 10, big 12, and ACC do? This is going to be interesting to say the least. Where's my popcorn?

The Longhorn Network has never, ever had a ton of viewers. How many times can you stand to watch the 2005 Rose Bowl? It's been played on there more times than Casablanca has been shown on TCM. It's been a big money loser for ESPN since day one.

I like it. Adding 2 blue blood programs does nothing but make the conference stronger. Does it make it harder for us? For sure. So we better get better quick.

Thoughts?
. No Tennesee fan should like this move

Reactions: KHVol and kbowersjr
I’ve heard talk from government officials here in Alabama that the future move may be for the SEC to acquire more top-level teams and eventually break away from the NCAA altogether. If that’s the case, I would be all for that.

I agree. I think, if anything, it helps us. More money, and a more difficult schedule for our current in-division rivals. Especially if they expand to a 12 team playoff. Winning the East doesn't become as important. #2 in the east will probably make the playoff, and this move just makes it harder for UGA and Florida. The downside is that we have to play Texas/Oklahoma every 7 years or whatever it is. Pros defintely outweigh the cons
I’ll add a major caveat… this would assuming two divisions. The pod proposal could potentially be terrible for us. Which I think would be a bad idea anyway given that all of the most recent additions have been out west, and Arkansas was part of the swc too back in the day, makes sense to keep and west. The pods would really be ****ing around too much. Seems unnecessary

Reactions: OrangeSailor98

VN Store

Back