I love Tennessee and everything about it

Do they call you "Tennessee"?

I get that a lot. "Hey Tennessee!"

I got the nickname "Rocky Top" about 20 years ago from my buddies. I love it.

In regards to OP request:

Took my wife to Gatlinburg when we first started dating in 2002. Chalet in the mountains, heart shaped jacuzzi, her first trip out of town with a guy, the rest writes itself.

....and no, I can't post pics:kiss:

Reactions: 2 people
Country ham and Ginseng; fresh spring water; swimming in an ice cold creek in the summertime fed by springs; black bears in the Smokies; Bass fishing; eating catfish.

Reactions: 4 people
The Alamo?:no:

Think he's referring to Davy Crockett being here (San Antonio) from Tennessee. I used to kid my old boss, a Texan, that "Hell, if w'ed had a couple more dozen Tennesseans Santa Ana (& his 5,000 soldiers) would have never taken the Alamo!"

Reactions: 2 people
White Castle & Waffle House.

Casey Jones Museum & restaurant right off I-40 in Jackson.

Leaving turning autumn in the fall.

World's Longest Yard Sale--Crossville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Think he's referring to Davy Crockett being here (San Antonio) from Tennessee. I used to kid my old boss, a Texan, that "Hell, if w'ed had a couple more dozen Tennesseans Santa Ana (& his 5,000 soldiers) would have never taken the Alamo!"

Let's not forget Sam Houston. He and Davy are why many claim there would never have been a Texas without Tennessee. And, that is probably an accurate statement.

Has Minnie Pearl been mentioned yet?

Wow. This thread has put a lump in my throat and made me all misty eyed. Thanks a million OP!

Let's not forget Sam Houston. He and Davy are why many claim there would never have been a Texas without Tennessee. And, that is probably an accurate statement.

Has Minnie Pearl been mentioned yet?

Wow. This thread has put a lump in my throat and made me all misty eyed. Thanks a million OP!

Your Welcome. No state compares to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah I was and we discussed it earlier in the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Ric Flair! Born in Memphis, TN. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

If the Nature Boy had been with Davy Crockett, Santa Ana would have never crossed the Rio Grande!!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back