I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

The "blue hairs" are not the ones preventing UT from using Metallica music in the entrance. Common sense is doing that. :good!:

Read my other post on this before commenting bro. I said we never should change running through the T or changing Rocky Top. Those are 2the things that should never be messed with.

Did I just step outta the time machine hot tub?

This MIGHT have been cool to do 2 decades ago.

I'll make a deal with the OP. We can run out on the field doing cartwheels to Enter Sandman if I get to personally demolish the jumbotron.

I know.....let's have the cast of Glee perform Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" as they run through the T.....wow:crazy:. Sorry, I'm old, and enjoy college football traditions. Now all you gosh dam hippies get offa my lawn......:p

the word you're trying to use is "through" not threw. You're about as dumb as a box of rocks. This thread is rediculous...

The fact that your getting personal and calling me names shows me your probably a lonely old man who gets on boards to fight with people. I made this thread not to change our Tradition but to give our fanbase a look at what other schools do. I know we wont ever do this I just thought it was cool. Your about as ignorant as Clay Travis.

Also if you look at the video and look at the comments made by other fans, and im talking about fans of schools with great tradition, look at what they have to say.Then you will get my point, LIKE I SAID... I dont want to change anything im just saying it would be pretty damn cool if 100,000+ would be jumping and screaming!

Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!
No it isn't. We have one of the most amazing entrances in college football. Why would you want to mess with perfection?

No it isn't. We have one of the most amazing entrances in college football. Why would you want to mess with perfection?

Your right. But to be honest I care about our most important tradition and thats winning, I want that back real bad.

Also if you look at the video and look at the comments made by other fans, and im talking about fans of schools with great tradition, look at what they have to say.Then you will get my point, LIKE I SAID... I dont want to change anything im just saying it would be pretty damn cool if 100,000+ would be jumping and screaming!

You act as if our current entrance resembles a funeral procession.

You act as if our current entrance resembles a funeral procession.

Well, recently it has been the precursor to death on the field. And unfortunately its not the opposing teams that are walking off the field in tears.

Ive walked out of Neyland too many times lately feeling like ive just left a funeral.

Reactions: 1 person
Listen VFL, dont pay attention to some of these homers. You're a good guy (girl possibly) and I completely understand where you come from. Im 17 as well and I don't think we really grasp the tradition we see when we watch our respective schools. Kentucky in basketball and Tennessee in football are some of the richest programs ever in college history.

I understand why so many people think you're stupid for suggesting one of best college entrances could be changed. They should not criticize for something you meant in nice way. You're all in the same team, so I dont see why you are being scorned for loving the vols. If I were a vol I wouldn't criticize you, but I would roll my eyes. Be careful with football tradition in Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

**** what other fans think!! This is our state our school our tradition, it's ment for US to enjoy not a Michgan or Texas or who ever else. I think Mr Two Bits was lame before he kicked the bucket but FU fans loved it, it was for gator fans not me.

That’s the thing, that’s VT’s tradition, not ours. I wouldn’t change a thing about our entrance, I love it... because it’s OUR tradition. Would it be cool to see 100K+ jumping up and down like idiots to an overrated song? Of course it would. But it would also be cool to see 100K+ wearing orange togas. Neither one are Tennessee football.

Dude, Rocky Top is synonymous with the Tennessee Vols. Opposing coaches make their kids listen to it ALL week before coming to Neyland, just to get them ready. It gets the fans going too, everybody sings along, all 100,000+...it's loud. Fans of teams all over the country could tell you what school Rocky Top belongs too. Do they think it's cool? I don't care, but they know who it belongs to, the U of T. To use ANY other song besides Rocky Top for running through the T, even if for one game, would be a disgrace. I don't think a soul in that locker room doesn't get fired up when they run out of the T with the fired up Sea of Orange singing along to the Pride PLAYING Rocky Top. Rocky Top isn't broke, the T isn't broke. Don't "fix" it.

VN Store

Back