I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

College football is not about tradition anymore kids could careless about that. You scream tradition when you have no present accomplishment. The quicker we drop this idea that tradition is what matters the better off we will be. Stir the pot fir goodness sake even Bama does it a little.

THIS RIGHT HERE^ IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!:good!:

Anyone have quotes about TRADITION from some of our signees? I know I've read and heard alot of interviews with great tradition mentioned as a reason for coming to Tennessee.

Thread is stupid, we are not ever playing that song....that is it. By the way I am 27 and our history makes us who we are! GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

No... We aren't changing one of the most sacred traditions in sports for coming out to a sell out pop bands music.. I bet vt fans look at running thru the T and say man, I wish we had some tradition like that! U should get roasted for this.

I'm 22, and every time my Vols run through the T and I hear Rocky Top my eyes start watering, heart races, get chills rolling down my back, chest swells up with pride. So please don't say this is an outdated tradition, that's ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Amen Oreo amen!!!!!

No... We aren't changing one of the most sacred traditions in sports for coming out to a sell out pop bands music.. I bet vt fans look at running thru the T and say man, I wish we had some tradition like that! U should get roasted for this.

I should get roasted? You do know everyone has an opinion, you sound very arrogant to me.

Ok so if "something new" is what kids look for then why are they flocking to "TRADITIONALY" rich schools like OU, Bama, OSU, USC (yuck), Texas etc? Just saying....

Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

I love our tradition and everything it stands for but I'm also a fan of modernizing things. Until all the blue hairs die off not alot will get changed. I mean some things are meant to be changed and things have to be able to relate to 18-22 yr olds. But hell things slowly get added and changed every year.

If you want this played at UT games then you must want us to stop running through the T cause the two just wouldnt fit together. I've been to Lane Stadium, which is much smaller than Neyland and it fits with the way they run onto the field. I love rock music and hate country music but I get chills when I see our players running through the T with Rocky Top blasting.

Ok so if "something new" is what kids look for then why are they flocking to "TRADITIONALY" rich schools like OU, Bama, OSU, USC (yuck), Texas etc? Just saying....

You don't think those schools haven't changed things over the years? Plus they have great recruiters and coach's. If you think Saban, Kiffin, Meyer haven't modernized things then we need to talk about some cheap land with buried oil I will see to you. AND I can promise Dooley is too. Messing with uniforms is one thing and even that has had gradual changes within the past 10-15 yrs..

I love our tradition and everything it stands for but I'm also a fan of modernizing things. Until all the blue hairs die off not alot will get changed. I mean some things are meant to be changed and things have to be able to relate to 18-22 yr olds. But hell things slowly get added and changed every year.

This is what people need to realize. Enter Sandman is a newer tradition at VT. Its not like that song has been around since the early 1900's.

I remember this one time we wore black jerseys. Since then, we are 1-9 outside the state of Tennessee.

Lets stick with what worked for the first 110+ years.

Well blame Eric Berry then. He and a few players asked for it and approached the Coach's and Hamilton. You know that's not why were 1-9 right. And if you look back we had black uniforms long before any of us or our parents were around. Just sayn

I remember this one time we wore black jerseys. Since then, we are 1-9 outside the state of Tennessee.

Lets stick with what worked for the first 110+ years.

We wore those black jerseys at home. WTF does that have to do with our road record?? :dunno:

This is what people need to realize. Enter Sandman is a newer tradition at VT. Its not like that song has been around since the early 1900's.

I agree. I mean if they wanna think along those lines they should play all music from centuries ago. I love to hear rap and other music made this century being played. I mean hell lets go helmets with no masks, no players names, no Adidas or any other brand of Jersey or footballs. Then take Petros out and the jumbotron so many" Keep everyhing the same" people flock to watch the replays of during games. Gees

It didn't really make my hair stand on end. Running through the "T" does that and also makes my eyes go blurry for some strange reason. Must be the allergies. That my friend is called tradition.:dance:

VN Store

Back