I Just Bought My First Season Tickets!

SprocketRocket

As a lifelong UT Vols fan, I am excited that I have just bought my first pair of season tickets ever. My daughter will be at UT next fall, and plans to march in the Pride of the Southland Band! She is very excited, and so are her mother and I. We can't wait. I feel like it is a great time to be a Vols fan!

I am sure you know the surge of emotion you feel when you see and hear the Pride of the Southland come down the hill or see and hear them anywhere. But knowing you have a child in the band, well hold on to you emotions. I Have found the older I get the closer behind my eyes my kidneys get.
Oh yea, season tickets are something I have only dreamed about. For a couple of reasons, money and its too fer and snaky. (not to mention for many years worked a six day week)

get the seat cushions..... they are the best investment in the stadium. Even if you don't set on the padded part (i don't about half the time), they do act as complete placeholder's for your allotted seats. otherwise, you get the dreaded 'seat encroachment'...and it is real. @$40 per seat per year. you will thank me.

Last edited:
get the seat cushions..... they are the best investment in the stadium. Even if you don't set on the padded part (i don't about half the time), they do act as completer placeholder's for you allotted seats. otherwise, you get the dreaded 'seat encroachment'...and it is real. @$40 per seat per year. you will thank me.

Sounds like good advice. How do I go about doing that?

Reactions: GAVol
Awesome and congrats. My wife was in the Color Guard, she still gets chills thinking about marching in pregame. Best part was they made a Running Through the T poster and she's in it, so had to buy that and frame it for my office.

Reactions: SmokinBob
As a lifelong UT Vols fan, I am excited that I have just bought my first pair of season tickets ever. My daughter will be at UT next fall, and plans to march in the Pride of the Southland Band! She is very excited, and so are her mother and I. We can't wait. I feel like it is a great time to be a Vols fan!
Happy for you and your family. Great times ahead!

Reactions: SmokinBob
get the seat cushions..... they are the best investment in the stadium. Even if you don't set on the padded part (i don't about half the time), they do act as complete placeholder's for your allotted seats. otherwise, you get the dreaded 'seat encroachment'...and it is real. @$40 per seat per year. you will thank me.
Ditto this. Otherwise Bubba and Bertha's ample backsides will leave you with a sliver of metal bench

That's when we also started purchasing season tickets. Loved watching our son march in the POTSB....great times...even if the football team wasn't very good. Congratulations to all.

Congrats. Hopefully you're part of the program turning around.

I am sure you know the surge of emotion you feel when you see and hear the Pride of the Southland come down the hill or see and hear them anywhere. But knowing you have a child in the band, well hold on to you emotions. I Have found the older I get the closer behind my eyes my kidneys get.
Oh yea, season tickets are something I have only dreamed about. For a couple of reasons, money and its too fer and snaky. (not to mention for many years worked a six day week)

I grew up near Saltillo. It’s a long ways to anywhere.

VN Store

Back