I hope Butch stays Till hes 70!

Berry29

This whole changing coaches, With 9 or 10 win teams has got to stop. I really Think we will play well, Win Tonight. Beat Vandy. My Point Is Butch doesnt need to feel any pressure here. Let him Do his thing If he doesnt produce an sec east Championship in the next 2 years Then ill re consider

Reactions: 21 people
This whole changing coaches, With 9 or 10 win teams has got to stop. I really Think we will play well, Win Tonight. Beat Vandy. My Point Is Butch doesnt need to feel any pressure here. Let him Do his thing If he doesnt produce an sec east Championship in the next 2 years Then ill re consider

Lol. 6 years of giving away the east before you "reconsider"

Butch loves to hear that. No expectations here. We are Mississippi state.

Reactions: 22 people

Have you ever discussed anything related to UT football other than "fahr Butch" or "Butch sucks"?

Reactions: 25 people
Its Far from true. Lets bail on butch, and start another 4 year plan, 4 years in a proven one. Idiotic

While I agree that it would be dumb to fire Butch (I do believe he needs some serious guidance from a good AD) he is far from proven at this point.

Reactions: 9 people
That's atleast a sane way to look at it.

I don't know if he'll make it here, no one does. I do believe hes going to look around after this weekend but if he chooses to stay he needs a solid leader in the administration to keep him grounded. Which is why I'm a huge advocate for Blackburn.

Reactions: 1 person
While I agree that it would be dumb to fire Butch (I do believe he needs some serious guidance from a good AD) he is far from proven at this point.

I think this is the way most of us view it. He hasn't proven to be a championship coach yet, but he still has us trending upward from the dumpster fire he inherited.

I'm disappointed with how he handled Hurd, because it was the main cause of our early season (through SC) struggles IMO. But he in no way should be fired right now. I do hope he continues to learn and upgrade his staff because that will determine his long term viability.

Butch doesn't care what you think.
The university seems to agree with the op.

Please name the replacement for Butch Jones that would win championships by year 3, would take the job, and do it for the money UT is willing too spend.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: 12 people

Please name the replacement for Butch Jones that would win championships by year 3, would take the job, and do it for the money UT is willing too spend.
Thanks in advance

I believe your statement to be spot on.

So who do you propose to replace him that you KNOW will win the east and National championships?

Reactions: 4 people

Thanks in advance

If for whatever reason Jones were to pull a Cuonzo after today I would keep an eye out for DJ Durkin. I don't see UT making a move on Jones until 2018 unless next year is a complete disaster.

You guys and your safe space needs. Poor Butch. 4 mil a year and can't be touched. You're happy about not winning the east. You guys are accepting Mississippi state standards. I'll gladly want better. You be happy with not being relevant in the SEC.

Reactions: 8 people

Thanks in advance

Does Butch care what you think? That's funny. He cashes a check to be here. Since when do we get to be on the coaching search committee?

Reactions: 3 people
You guys and your safe space needs. Poor Butch. 4 mil a year and can't be touched. You're happy about not winning the east. You guys are accepting Mississippi state standards. I'll gladly want better. You be happy with not being relevant in the SEC.

Tennessee missed its goal of making it to Atlanta this season, however with no AD in place this is not the time to start a coaching search.

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee missed its goal of making it to Atlanta this season, however with no AD in place this is not the time to start a coaching search.

I can understand that. But it's also Tennessee that always restricts its chance to succeed. Tennessee needs to aggressively attempt to get better. There shouldn't be the sentiment that Tennessee "can't" make an attempt to get better.

Reactions: 3 people
I can understand that. But it's also Tennessee that always restricts its chance to succeed. Tennessee needs to aggressively attempt to get better. There shouldn't be the sentiment that Tennessee "can't" make an attempt to get better.

That time will come

VN Store

Back