I have a feeling you are going to start seeing a lot more of what happened last night

Umm s*** like that is how you change things when the other side doesn’t care and won’t do anything about it. Just ask George Washington. 😆

And ain’t nobody banning fans. Trust me. That’s like banning food for a week because it gave you indigestion.

I’m also not saying I would have taken part in that mess. I’m also not saying that under the right conditions that I wouldn’t have been right in the middle of it.
It’s on the table. SEC is allowing UT to fix it but if they aren’t satisfied, SEC will impose their own measures. Student fans is being discussed, alcohol as well. Will banning either fix it? I can see an alcohol ban, I don’t see a ban on students, they might checklist the ones who attend however.

To your other point, 100% agree. Billion dollar business and paying pennies to the dollar on officiating. It HAS to get better, calls in the TN game was bad, but it’s league wide. The fact alone it’s a part time job and very little training is ridiculous. They can afford full time officials and better training. They do get fined and punished, but how much can you take from a thousand dollar check?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
based off of that, everyone needs professional help. There are times in life where every single one of us has let our emotions get the best of us. Everyone has a boiling point. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Excellent point! Some folks are apparently perfect... or at least they think they are. (Maybe lying to themselves is a sign they need professional help...)

I've watched the SEC and other recaps and there is no doubt that there is a bias against Tennessee and for Ole Miss. They are pushing for Carrel for Heisman and ignoring his stupid first quarter mistake that should have cost his team the touchdown in the first quarter. The talk instead is about the outrageous behavior of the fans, while ignoring the reason for their disgust. About 90,000 Tennessee fans saw an outrageous spot without any consideration that that decision was game determinative and made in haste and obviously erroneous! The talking heads who are in bed--and rightly so because the SEC pays them--with the SEC just refuse to approach that subject. The 90,0000 or so had every reason to be pissed! Yet that is not discussed. WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED (IN HIND SIGHT): THE HEAD LINESMAN SHOULD HAVE HAD THE CHAINS REMAIN IN PLACE AND SIMPLY PICKED UP THE BALL AND CALLED FOR THE BOOTH TO TELL HIM EXACTLY WHERE TO PLACE THE BALL IN RELATION TO THE 40 YARD LINE. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLACED, AND THEN THE CHAINS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED IN TO SEE IF THE LINE OF GAIN HAD BEEN REACHED OR NOT! Of course this did not happen as the linesman twenty yards away and behind the play ran up and placed the ball at least a yard short of its proper spot! 90.000 fans saw this but the talking heads will not discuss it when they call out our outrageous behavior. Just how much of this do we have to tolerate?

Product of today’s environment for the world. You don’t like something go all in on destruction by whatever means you have to let your voice be heard.

They want college football to be more like the NFL, expect to see it revolve to that.
I have not watched a pro game in years, not even the super bowl. Why? Because I don’t like politics in the sport, disrespect of the US and the flag, the halftime mind control evil BS, the worshipping of anti America agenda BLM.
College sports is headed in same direction, and leading that is the number one college sport, football.
Enjoy college football while you can.
You’re my brother from another mother. Those are my sentiments exactly.

Reactions: OldVolMan
I've watched the SEC and other recaps and there is no doubt that there is a bias against Tennessee and for Ole Miss. They are pushing for Carrel for Heisman and ignoring his stupid first quarter mistake that should have cost his team the touchdown in the first quarter. The talk instead is about the outrageous behavior of the fans, while ignoring the reason for their disgust. About 90,000 Tennessee fans saw an outrageous spot without any consideration that that decision was game determinative and made in haste and obviously erroneous! The talking heads who are in bed--and rightly so because the SEC pays them--with the SEC just refuse to approach that subject. The 90,0000 or so had every reason to be pissed! Yet that is not discussed. WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED (IN HIND SIGHT): THE HEAD LINESMAN SHOULD HAVE HAD THE CHAINS REMAIN IN PLACE AND SIMPLY PICKED UP THE BALL AND CALLED FOR THE BOOTH TO TELL HIM EXACTLY WHERE TO PLACE THE BALL IN RELATION TO THE 40 YARD LINE. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLACED, AND THEN THE CHAINS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED IN TO SEE IF THE LINE OF GAIN HAD BEEN REACHED OR NOT! Of course this did not happen as the linesman twenty yards away and behind the play ran up and placed the ball at least a yard short of its proper spot! 90.000 fans saw this but the talking heads will not discuss it when they call out our outrageous behavior. Just how much of this do we have to tolerate?

yea, I posted in another thread that I don’t like to watch Paul Finebaum show, but today I am just to see how much he and other callers will trash us. Shouldn’t as my blood pressure will rise, but Paul will say exactly what the SEC tells him to today.

I can certainly come close if we view this as the 2nd-grade temper tantrum that it is rather than a “climactic resistance event” supported by CFB fans at large

Always, when things such as this happen, there are authority figures who attempt to punish it, and outside observers who seek to dismiss it or infantilize it. Textbook.

Umm s*** like that is how you change things when the other side doesn’t care and won’t do anything about it. Just ask George Washington. 😆

And ain’t nobody banning fans. Trust me. That’s like banning food for a week because it gave you indigestion.

I’m also not saying I would have taken part in that mess. I’m also not saying that under the right conditions that I wouldn’t have been right in the middle of it.
They are banning the fans who threw anything for the season, which would include other sports.

FWIW parents of today are raising a generation of tomorrow that's gonna be effectively 100% narcissists. Everybody made fun of the kids that got "participation" trophies, but that's nothing to the way people are raising children now. So yeah, there will be more selfish behavior, of course, and in fact a lot of things that were considered normal human behavior in the past are going to be utterly impossible to do in the future. Some already are. Imagine the middle-aged people of today, who think they're patriots, being asked to buy war bonds with gasoline and sugar rationed, like our grandparents went through. They'd shoot up the capitol building. Adult narcissism, today, is incurable. maybe it'll change.

Right now it's all about first world problems +, like "It's immoral for others to make me feel this way - I have a right to feel a certain way". As people become more dysfunctional, some of the problems are going to be more impressive than just bad refs.

FWIW parents of today are raising a generation of tomorrow that's gonna be effectively 100% narcissists. Everybody made fun of the kids that got "participation" trophies, but that's nothing to the way people are raising children now. So yeah, there will be more selfish behavior, of course, and in fact a lot of things that were considered normal human behavior in the past are going to be utterly impossible to do in the future. Some already are. Imagine the middle-aged people of today, who think they're patriots, being asked to buy war bonds with gasoline and sugar rationed, like our grandparents went through. They'd shoot up the capitol building. Adult narcissism, today, is incurable. maybe it'll change.

Right now it's all about first world problems +, like "It's immoral for others to make me feel this way - I have a right to feel a certain way". As people become more dysfunctional, some of the problems are going to be more impressive than just bad refs.

If we are going that route then it’s the boomers who started that trend with their kids. And it’s just gotten worse with each generation.

Always, when things such as this happen, there are authority figures who attempt to punish it, and outside observers who seek to dismiss it or infantilize it. Textbook.

And most of the time, when things such as this happen and authority figures punish it and outside observers infantilize it, it's because those involved are acting like infants and are chastised accordingly - as opposed to the higher-ups having some kind of epiphany that the angry mob was actually thoughtful and well-reasoned

Why would there be a bias toward Ole Miss? The refs were correct that we didn't get the first down, so it's not a great reason to be pissed and nothing close to a good reason to start throwing things

Reactions: stillavol
We literally did it to ole piss hell one of our coaches was caught on TV telling one of our guys to go down with a fake injury. So complaining about these fake injuries from ole piss in this game is something we can't do

Reactions: stillavol
Product of today’s environment for the world. You don’t like something go all in on destruction by whatever means you have to let your voice be heard.

Honestly, riots and rebellions were far more common in 1700s, 1800s, etc. In Ancient Byzantine Rome, for example, a riot over two opposing fanbases in a chariot race lead to the near destruction of Constantinople and forced Justinian to nearly flee the city in his reign.

Heck, European and South American Soccer games are far worse than Neyland was on Saturday night.

We literally did it to ole piss hell one of our coaches was caught on TV telling one of our guys to go down with a fake injury. So complaining about these fake injuries from ole piss in this game is something we can't do
Same guy running to the sidelines to get off the field making an effort to leave vs drop before a play is about to happen

I get the point you’re trying to make but he was on offense not defense

Why would there be a bias toward Ole Miss? The refs were correct that we didn't get the first down, so it's not a great reason to be pissed and nothing close to a good reason to start throwing things

And just how would you know that the refs were correct in finding that we did not gain the first down? You are operating on a lot of faith there! As to the bias, do you read or watch any TV? So, you are right and thousands of people are wrong, huh? The refs should have proven the first down was not gained and this would have all been avoided!

VN Store

Back