I get it.....but, it's over.

99gator

Congressman
I completely understood the reaction to the hiring of Schiano and don’t take back a thing I wrote when I said “I get it”.

The point of a gesture like that one was to send a message to the administration of what you’re looking for and what you demand from them.

However, you’re screwed. They didn’t get the hint. They are incompetent morons and doubled down on stupid. Beyond that, they decided to broadcast their failure as even BigVolDaddy has turned down the job. It was a worth a shot, but you can’t fix that problem before this search is through.

And at this point, no matter what you do…..no matter how many tweets you send…..no matter what you paint the rock…..no matter what you chant at a basketball game…..this will not end well.

You tried. But, it’s over. No one you want is going to take this job. Worse, someone you don’t want is going to be significantly overpaid in order to accept the job. No coach wants to take a job where neither the administration nor the fans wanted them. And on top of that, the people in the administration that you answer to may not have a job 5 minutes after you are hired.

I’m sorry.

Reactions: 15 people
We will get the first female power 5 football coach dammit...... she will fix this.

Hell maybe a transgender coach!

Reactions: 3 people
NC States coach turned down the job because of fans too. Eventually they'll have a name we can get behind. Even if we make them call Tee or Kiffin.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe this will be the case of a blind hog finding an acorn.

But In this case the hog is also mentally handicapped and suffering from a severe case of vertigo.

Gator i agree i never post but lost all confidence in admin we will get a worse coach than butch

Welcome the next Wac coach

With all due respect, take your "I'm sorry" and GTFO. I actually find it hilarious because if you pay attention we are slowly winning over more and more people. We are making our voices heard and the administration is going to be forced to listen. And I do not mind being rejected by coaches that are terrible, there are still coaches out there that understand exactly why Tennessee fans, us, are acting like this. Hell I know some probably even want to coach for us even more now with the passion. Now I know the mess that is our administration may cause problems, but us fans need to keep it up. We are going to get us a coach that wants to be at Tennessee and understands us.

Reactions: 14 people
In the meantime, we're sucking all the oxygen out of the room. Nobody whose made a decent hire is getting much credit and there's been very little coverage of the teams playing in the SECCG. As they say in showbiz, any press is good press.

Reactions: 2 people
It'll take the blind squirrel at this point. It blew up after Sunday but there was no way Schiano should've been in the top 5 of reasonable candidates, let alone the primary target from day one.

Once they trotted him out and it blew up it became a death spiral. Haslam, Currie and entire admin's incompetency knows no bounds.

I agree with that last sentence.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back